cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister is gone , I have no way to list items , hated Wonder Lister

I had 50 items ready to list on Turbo Lister ( 2 days work just in the listing  )

and it is no longer working , as I'm sure everyone but me knew .

My experience with Wonder Lister : 

I tried a program called Wonder Lister ( the cheapest one , 5.00 per month with a 7 day trial period )

It was very hard to learn , you have to save your Turbo Lister files as CSV files which I did but very time consuming to learn , once I got those on Wonder Lister I had to add them to upload one at a time , when I went to upload 50 items it said " Limit 2 items during trial period " I couldn't find a way to end the trial period and get my items uploaded , had to go back to Paypal to cancel my subscription to avoid being charged for three months ( cost was only 5.00 per month but I don't think you can avoid paying for three months ) It imported sold Ebay listings automatically and it would not delete them ( for 120 days I think it said ) I wanted to delete them to avoid accidentally listing them twice but couldn't . I didn't see any easy way to make folders , everything was one at a time , I am not super computer literate but this is too complex for me . 

In the end my thoughts on Wonder Lister :

ENORMOUS waste of time , difficult to use , the 2 listing limit during the trial period is a dirty trick as far as I am concerned and I won't do business with a company that would do that . I wasted 5 hours on this and I am just angry . Hopefully this will save some sellers some time . 

I hope everyone that was Turbo Lister dependent is doing better than me , I have no more time to invest and no way to upload this month ( 15 hours down the toilet trying ) . I think ending Turbo Lister was really ignorant , it's seems to be the trend of companies like Ebay to make it harder and harder for the seller until they just give up . Maybe that was their goal . 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Turbo Lister is gone , I have no way to list items , hated Wonder Lister

also note : I failed to import anything to Ebay File Exchange ( those CSV files ) not making any headway with Seller Hub , a free program called Spark Lister from Bonanza isn't importing like it says it would , basically like starting from scratch on 1200 old items and 200 new ones I have to list . GRRR .

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

You should easily be able to make a listing by going into any sold item and selecting sell similar at the top.  To complete the listing form takes a couple minutes, especially if the category and some item specifics are the same.   AND IT'S FREE.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I don't relist sold items , unsold items are up for a short time  , as far as " complete the listing form takes a couple minutes " multiply that 1200 times .  Those listings aren't stored anywhere I can use them later now . Also I'm used to scheduling the listing for a certain time and uploading all 50 at the same time , now I have no way to do that . 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I believe SixBit still has its free 3 month trial going.....you can import all your existing listing to SixBit. There's a learning curve, as there is with most software, but I know a lot of people who are happy with it (including me, I've been using it for years). 

And yes, ebay announced and re-announced numerous times over the last couple years that TL was going away....and it has been discussed here quite often. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Wonder Lister has a learning curve but, once you get it down and get into a groove, I like it.  I think it's better than Turbo lister.  It does everything I need.  It also has a really well laid out user guide and Customer service responds pretty quick too.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Doing something new always entails time........and effort.......personally I think the attitude means alot.......  I can remember crying trying to figure out TL when they changed stuff.....was very disheartening.....but I realized I was mourning the change and resenting have to "learn" something new......  Once I let go of the resentment, and made it a challenge (and took my time as opposed to feeling pressure to "do it now")......it went alot better......

Same process with going to 6 bit........I fought it, delayed it, finally did it.......and frankly wish I'd done it years ago......not nearly the frustration with TL problems.  Took a few days before I could list comfortably, but it sure is fast (for me)..........

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I remember downloading SixBit a couple of years ago when we knew Turbo Lister's time was limited.

I could never get it to even run on my computer. The SixBit tech people were great and worked really hard to try to resolve it but we never were able to get it working so I finally deleted it off my computer.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

I remember downloading SixBit a couple of years ago when we knew Turbo Lister's time was limited.

I could never get it to even run on my computer. The SixBit tech people were great and worked really hard to try to resolve it but we never were able to get it working so I finally deleted it off my computer.

Sorry to hear that horses......you'd like it, I think.  I know it takes alot of resources (memory or whatever resources means)......so some can't use it........

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

It takes me about 10 minutes to list an item via sell similar not counting photo taking and editing.  It's fine if you list small groups of items, but if you want to put 1000 things up you're going to spend a lot of time with it.  

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

TurboLister 1.JPGTurboLister 2.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@jumpinacrater wrote:

also note : I failed to import anything to Ebay File Exchange ( those CSV files ) not making any headway with Seller Hub , a free program called Spark Lister from Bonanza isn't importing like it says it would , basically like starting from scratch on 1200 old items and 200 new ones I have to list . GRRR .

You haven't lost the listings you have in TL unless you removed TL from your computer and all your back ups.  When Ebay stopped supporting it, they did NOT remove it from your computer.  So unless you did, all those listings are still there and some alternative programs does allow you to download your TL listings into them.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

You can set up to 50 templates up for creating listings if that helps you at all.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ebay-tools/selling-templates?id=4097

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

The problem was likely the SQL server the program downloads onto your computer.  It takes up quite a bit of space.  I recently was trying Sixbits but my computer was so darn slow, so I had my husband [my IT guy] take a look at it and it was the SQL server required to run Sixbits.  So I had a choice to make.  Upgrade my computer or go a different route with my listing set ups.  I could not justify that kind of expense right now as without Sixbits my computer runs just fine.  So I will look at other alternatives now.

In the meantime I'm using Ebay templates to create new listings with.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Adding RAM is usually the quick & cheap thing to do. SixBit moves slow with less than 12GB of RAM (16 better) especially if you want to run lots of other stuff at the same time (couple of browsers, email client, Windows Office etc.)

SQL Server and .NET use a lot of resources. In the original Blackthorne incarnation of SixBit the backend was Access instead of SQL, used much less resources but was terribly slow once your database grew to any sort of size.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply