cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took package inside post office and

USPS employee scanned label and gave me receipt showing the acceptance yet I now have defect showing as: Tracking updated on time - no carrier scan.

Shipped package a day earlier than eBay required.

Good grief!  Shaking my head at the absurdity of it all. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Since you shipped from the PO (not bought the label here?), did you upload your tracking into the Order?

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

When was the scan done?  It may a little time to show correctly.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Hi,

Yes, bought and printed the label through eBay, tracking number automatically appeared on transaction and under my shipping labels tab.

I had several packages at the same time with eBay purchased shipping and had a USPS scan form for those.

This order arrived as I was getting ready to go to the post office so I packaged it up and printed the shipping label through eBay.

Postal clerk scanned the scan form and then scanned the single package.

Both showed up as accepted on the USPS receipt. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

What does the Ebay tracking say?

There have been some issues on other sites when the only scan is USPS in Possession of the shipment. That has not been treated as an acceptance scan.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I've had scans take hours to show up, sometimes an entire day - this is on eBay, Mercari and Posh. I know that they packages are scanned in right away because I can see the counter clerk scanning them in as I drop them off. I wonder if notifications are transmitted in batches.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Maybe check the tracking number through USPS.  Last night I was trying to check some tracking numbers and the USPS had a notice that they were down for maintenance.  Maybe things are back on by now?

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Could the employee have messed up somehow when I handed the package to her on Feb. 27?  I watched her scan the shipping label. And it did show up as accepted on my receipt along with all the packages on the scan form.

Tracking shows it was shipped 2/27.  (pre-shipment info sent USPS awaits item).

Tracking also shows Sun 3/3 arrived at USPS regional destination facility. San Jose, CA .

The item in question is a two pack of Cotton Blossom soap.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

You should be good then now that it has shown back up in the System.

The Defect you have, is that one of the Defects that can cause eBay Fees to jump an additional 6%? If it is I would fight to get that removed.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Thanks, I'll see what the tracking shows Monday and keep an eye on that defect that I never should have gotten.

Rather odd, label scanned at PO, acceptance proof provided by USPS receipt, yet fails to appear in the eBay transaction record.

There are much worse things that can happen to sellers but this is just absurd.

Thanks every one for your help.  Much appreciated!!

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

I've learned USPS tracking updates lag sometimes, even when scanned at the counter.

I bought ebay postage at  home the other day and got a scan at the counter at mid-day,  but the tracking didn't show until the next day. 

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Its just ebay, I have 1 uploaded late and 1 Uploaded on time but no carrier scan, both picked up at my door and scanned, even shows on ebay's tracking. I call in years ago about a late scan, rep told me they wouldn't mess with it unless I went over my allotment then I can appeal them but I'd have to be late on about 40-50 packages before it'll effect my top rated status.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I've had scans take hours to show up, sometimes an entire day - this is on eBay, Mercari and Posh. I know that they packages are scanned in right away because I can see the counter clerk scanning them in as I drop them off. I wonder if notifications are transmitted in batches.

I know some post offices do it that way-- if I mail from the post office near where I work, the scans will never show up until after the post office closes at 5. With the post office near my house (a much larger one), the scans will usually show up within half an hour.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Go to USPS tracking and enter the tracking number and see what USPS says. EBay, for some odd reason, does not directly link to the USPS tracking information but pulls it into their own files and checks against that status I have often found there is a difference between the information you get checking through eBay and what you get directly through USPS  tracking. 

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I just literally handed a package to a mail lady. Still no scan on the package going on three days……

Message 15 of 27
latest reply