cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Paper auctions

There goes your reputation...Toilet paper selling for $12,000, $8,000, etc. and $15 for one square. What a ridiculous thing to allow on your site. What a joke. eBay is now the page for anyone who wants a laugh. There goes your credibility as a trusted, respectible site!!!

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Toilet Paper auctions

search the sold listings, I can't imagine that every single one of those was not paid for. There are alot and yea maybe some didn't pay, but not every single one. There are too many and all the prices are high in my opinion along with the shipping price attached to some. It is ridiculous. You have to agree after seeing how many there are that no one has paid for any of them. Check for yourself.
Message 31 of 67
latest reply

I think it's funny how all of the people buying all of the tp, hand sanitizer, and all stores have decided not to accept returns. So they will get stuck with it anyway. No one is going to pay those prices and Amazon has already forbade the selling of toilet paper and hand sanitizer over actual cost.
Message 32 of 67
latest reply

Of course, eBay gets money from sellers like me, but I wouldn't be outlandish and do something like this. I don't know what happened to humanity, but capitalism isn't based on buying up everything so others can't have it and mark it up 1000% over cost when a pandemic is here.
Message 33 of 67
latest reply

I absolutely agree.  Did you see the post someone made earlier about this being a Capitalistic free country to do what we want and sell to make the most money we can get?  Speaks volumes on so many, many levels......

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

They are paying $78 fr 4 rolls!! 

If something unfortunate is painting your world... Use the brightest colors you can
Message 35 of 67
latest reply

I received a message that those sellers will be blocked from such items. That's so sad in times like this that people are so thoughtless. I hope people aren't falling for these scams. Stay well and safe.
Message 36 of 67
latest reply

@j2774 wrote:

Exactly!  There are no options to report these things in their drop down menus on "report this listing."  We know who eBay cares most about--eBay.

There is. They added it on Thursday or Friday. It is under illegal activity. Price gouging.

Message 37 of 67
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 38 of 67
latest reply

doctors-medicine-accident_and_emergency-emergency_room-free_market-social-issues-CC124993_low.jpg

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

yes in a way it helps people get what they need. Even if they are paying more for it. Some people don’t care about the price 

Message 40 of 67
latest reply

How is it price gouging when it’s an auction and people choose to bid? 

People are needing tp in certain parts of the United States. 

They are choosing to bid and make payment. 

The seller

Ebay 

paypal 

post office 

all earning money. 

Message 41 of 67
latest reply

Absurd. Why not just offer the kid at the supermarket $20 to put a pack aside for you? Loons selling and loons buying.
Message 42 of 67
latest reply

Again, basically, how do you determine whether or not these were paid?

Just by guessing?

Message 43 of 67
latest reply

good morning everyone. 
I slept poorly last night, thinking about my kids and grandkids, my neighbors, my friends, the checkers at my local grocery store. Sigh. 
Could anyone stand a little humor? 
I can. 
Bring it on!

Message 44 of 67
latest reply

I need a laugh... 
whatcha got?

Message 45 of 67
latest reply