cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Is Stupid.

For 20+ years, eBay has been automatically taking any fees or other charges I accumulate out of my bank. So, when i started getting demands to pay my fees, I really took no notice, not even when they said my selling activities had been restricted. Two days later, i get a message that they will be withdrawing the fees (as usual), and shortly after that, a notice that my selling activities were no longer restricted. It all meant nothing to me as i only sell a few things a year, except for how stupid the whole thing was. I'm expecting the same rigmarole next month but there won't be any fees due. What's wrong with these people?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: This Is Stupid.

So what is the question?

We don't understand eBay lol

Leave It To Me
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I imagine they put people on notice that the fees will be deducted otherwise some might get overdrawn.........while it might mean nothing to you, no notice could harm others and bots have no way of telling who might be harmed.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I imagine they put people on notice that the fees will be deducted otherwise some might get overdrawn.........while it might mean nothing to you, no notice could harm others and bots have no way of telling who might be harmed.

Yep. I have autopay set for several of my bills and they always send me a notice several days prior that they're going to be withdrawing X amount of money from my account on Y date. It's a standard practice.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I really took no notice, not even when they said my selling activities had been restricted

@rdaneel 

Other people have been complaining about the same sort of thing.....getting a nastygram of sorts saying your selling is restricted until you pay, only to find out you owe nothing, or your fees were paid days previously.  From all the ones I've read, it appears to be a malfunction or some sort of lag in the delivery of auto-emails for the most part.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Okay, jackasses, as I clearly stated in the OP, my point was they were threatening my use of the site for nothing, since I was not in arrears. How can you be in arrears with auto-pay? In any event, it quickly became a moot issue as they evidently fixed the system and I never heard any such thing again.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply