cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They are just coming out of the woodwork.

In the last two weeks I have had a few strange sales. Last night I came home to a sale that a lady told me she just hit a key when she was viewing the item. She didn't want to purchase and was in a panic. I went into my orders and it wasn't there. I sent a message back and she was so relieved.

I had a person contact me about an item they 'bought'. They gave me an order number that made no sense at all and wanted a tracking number. The message written in stiff, nonsense phrases so I presumed it was from overseas. I knew I had never sold that item to anyone and double checked my active items and it was still there. I sent a message back they had never purchased it. The next thing I know I get a message back they wanted to purchase it. No mention they had already purchased it.  They never answered my question about it being shipped to a freight forwarding company but told me for the second time that they would bring me 'lots of good business' if I sold to them. I simply blocked them after four strange messages. 

I had a lady last week that was angry because she didn't have item yet. She ordered it on a Friday night at 11 PM. She is in the next time zone west of me which would have made it 10PM her time. She sent the message Sunday morning. I explained to her the logistics of shipping and she told  me that didn't matter. She should have had it Sunday morning. 

I had another one where a woman wanted me to overnight an item to her dying mother. Her mom had her heart set on it. She also wanted 60% off on the item and wouldn't pay anymore than the listed shipping price. 

Are these people just bored or really that addled in the brain? I give up. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: They are just coming out of the woodwork.

Are these people just bored or really that addled in the brain?

Perhaps both . . or maybe just a full moon. Regardless, as long as it doesn't involve a negative feedback or loss of money, I enjoy having stories to tell my husband when our conversations begin to wane.

I enjoyed hearing yours!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Wow, I feel for you on all those strange buyers.

The only thing I've gotten is wanting to cancel an order because they ordered by mistake.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have buyers asking for 50% off. Blocked them.

I had a buyer changing the delivery address from South Africa to Portugal....giving me the address even before payment. Blocked him.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

My family laughs at the various stories I tell them about all my years on eBay and the few years I sold on Etsy. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have never had this many strange messages about buying items in such a short space of time. I often wonder if people don't realize we are not just a different form of Amazon. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You have to wonder if somewhere, someone didn't let the inmates loose and give them all Chromebooks.  At least some of them outed themselves before they hit the Buy button, thus saving you some grief. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@meekamaye wrote:

I had another one where a woman wanted me to overnight an item to her dying mother. Her mom had her heart set on it. She also wanted 60% off on the item and wouldn't pay anymore than the listed shipping price. 

Are these people just bored or really that addled in the brain? I give up. 

Probably would have returned it too if the mother passed in less than 30 days. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply