cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no reason why my listing should not be live and searchable by item number.

I tried listing this item 3 times not for past 3 weekends, I want it to start and end on sat or sun evening. Last 2 times 24hrs later it was still not visible in the category, search results or search by item number. It does not violate ebay rules in any way, there are 150+ same type of calendars listed currently. I had a fraudulent listing violation last month for a comic book that ebay can't even tell me why it was removed. One guy said counterfeit next guy says wrong category, next guys says maybe there was a nipple showing in a cartoon inside somewhere(I am not making this up). So I list a couple buy it nows, no problem, they show up right away. Try listing an item at auction.....crickets. I paid $1.99 3 times for listing promotion. Email says listing is live, it is in my active listings and I can see it. No views, no watchers, nothing after 14hrs this time. I know they say 24hrs for search indexing but you should still be able to find it by searching item number. There is more going on here than I can say and it may seem like I am exaggerating but I am not. 5 minutes after I posted a critical post about this same situation last week, my phone rings and it was ebay wanting to talk about listing violation, he was as confused as I am. He also could not understand why my item was not viewable even by item number. He was supposed to call me back and NEVER did, so if you are the British guy working in ebay policy department in Utah, call me back. I have NEVER had a listing take more than 5 minutes to show up. The only way anyone can view this auction is by a link, I just sent my wife the link and she can view listing. You can not find it by item number. I am guessing that it will magically be viewable tonight at 8:01pm est. I have 2 labels to print tonight and I may end all my listings and tell ebay to shove it after almost 18yrs. I have 100% positive feedbay, top rated, almost 10k items sold, 0% late shipment 0% transaction defect rate. I pay for a 7 day auction, I want 7 days of visibility not 6.

Here is item# 305483704947

Here is title: 2 Original 1944 Varga Calendars Signed by WWII B-17 & B-24 Bomber Aircraft Crew

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

There is no reason why my listing should not be live and searchable by item number.

10k items sold, one issue trying to get something questionable listed and viewable, and you are ready to pack up?  To each his own 🙂  seriously, congrats on making it 18 years.  Best of luck you in your next chapter.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I don't see any auctions among your listings.  Where did you get that item number?  I didn't get it to work.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Sorry -- can't be any help.  Don't see that item among your 112 listings, but have to say that you do have a lot of interesting items.  

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

How is it questionable, people make me laugh.  There are 258 similar Varga calendars listed. Not 1 issue out of 10k, you don't know entire story. Ebay customer service rep admitted they are shadow banning me and have behind the scenes restrictions to punish sellers. The rep that told me this probably got in trouble according to policy guy that called me, he didn't deny it either but said he was concerned about some things that were said to me.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

That is the point of my post. Ebay is suppressing my auction as long as possible and making it impossible to view, it breaks no rules. 258 similar Varga calendars currently listed. The only way to view auction is by a direct link. Might not work here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305483704947

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I can see it........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305483704947    from a google search, not on ebay

Ebay states it can take up to 24 hrs to show...........this one still has 6d/9hrs as I see it........

Could be because of nudity

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

You probably know that eBay CS reps, generally speaking, will tell you anything to get you off the phone.

Frankly, your description of your interaction with a rep or two sounds really strange.  If this person said that eBay is shadow-banning you, shouldn't he have been able to come up with a reason?  So "shadow banning" you on one listing out of 112? And "behind the scenes restrictions to punish sellers"? Really? 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

That is my auction item number, item is currently showing as active and ebay email says it is live. Only view today was from when I sent link to wife's phone.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@clockworktoyshop wrote:

How is it questionable, people make me laugh.  There are 258 similar Varga calendars listed. Not 1 issue out of 10k, you don't know entire story. Ebay customer service rep admitted they are shadow banning me and have behind the scenes restrictions to punish sellers. The rep that told me this probably got in trouble according to policy guy that called me, he didn't deny it either but said he was concerned about some things that were said to me.

You understand that it should take 24 hours to list. It is taking that long because of the issues you’ve had.  That you can’t find it with an item number search makes sense.  Hasn’t even been 24 hours. No one is being shadow banned.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I could be wrong, but the issue could be all those numbers that appears to be links that take you outside of eBay.

IMG_1475.jpeg

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Some of the 'bots' and then some of the 'humans' that intervene are clueless and uneducated when it comes to classic Americana Pinup and historical material. The bots are picking up on "Varga"....If I were you (I list pinup material on occasion), I would pick a category that "allows" nudity and give up the fight....

Although I believe you are categorized properly, your title will still get the views you need and you will be in compliance with the breast police

<--- snip --->

Nude art listings that do not contain sexually suggestive poses or sexual acts are allowed, but they must include the item specific attribute Subject: Nudes. They can be listed only in the following categories:

• Art categories
  • Collectibles > Paper > Pin Up > Vintage (Pre-1970)
  • Collectibles > Postcards > Non-Topographical Postcards
  • Collectibles > Photographic Images > Photographs
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Hi @clockworktoyshop 

As others mentioned, it can take up to 24 hours for a listing to index and show up in Search. By any chance have you revised your listing? If one revises during the indexing process, it can send the listing back to the end of the line, adding to the delay. 

You wrote:

“… I pay for a 7 day auction, I want 7 days of visibility not 6.”

You would think so, but eBay does not guarantee listing duration, as per the User Agreement we are all bound to as sellers. See link below.

“Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances). eBay can't guarantee exact listing duration,..”

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Really cool calendars!!!  I hope they start showing up and you get good money out of them. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@clockworktoyshop wrote:

When checking the other listings for the Varga pin-up calendars you reference, the ones i reviewed were all in the appropriate category of 

• Collectibles > Paper > Pin Up > Vintage (Pre-1970)

The choice of category can make a difference, as pointed out in post #12 by

@monica-sells .

As for the shadow-banning allegations, sadly, when calling the under-trained overseas customer service reps, one cannot fully rely on the information given. They are infamously known to deliver incorrect (even damaging) advice. I would not hang my hat on any such assertions imparted by this source.

Consider, if such a practice exists regarding secret punishments and the like, is it probable that these reps would have the inside ebay scoop? Most of their knowledge of the platform is from supplied scripts, and for the most part, they have no actual authority to fix seller concerns. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply