cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theft by deception!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We shipped an item on time, provided tracking and scanned pickup, item was not delivered  and after the original scan nothing, eBay stole the money from my account as the item was not delivered, I post this so that everyone knows the type of company that eBay is. There is no integrity when it comes to thieves, only the bottom line.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Theft by deception!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you going to blame eBay for this? You admit the item was not delivered. Blame whatever shipping service you used. Surely you don't think the buyer should not be made whole? Were you expecting to keep the buyer's money even after you failed to deliver the item? It does not work that way. You are responsible for getting the item there. Take it up with the shipping service. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

A new record for exclamation points.....

If you have the initial acceptance scan, and it is lost, the USPS will reimburse you for up to 100 and if it is over that, then that's on you for not buying extra insurance.

(btw....insurance isn't good for much more than a lost item)

what is deception in this case?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Did the buyer file an item not received case that you didnt respond to? You thought the buyer shouldnt be made whole? If that was the case, of course Ebay refunded the buyer from your account, and you also received a big fat defect for them having to do it.

P.S. Talk about thieves!!!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

if customer did not receive item eBay will rightfully refund buyer

delivery service failed you not eBay - eBay did not fail to deliver the item to buyer's address

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

On eBay, the transaction is not considered to be complete until the item is delivered.

If the item has been lost by your agent (the carrier), you are still held responsible to the buyer. And when the estimated delivery date is passed, eBay expects the seller to make the buyer whole by either refunding in full, or providing a replacement.

Once the buyer is refunded, then the seller can take the matter up with the carrier to remedy the missing package. The buyer should never have to wait before receiving satisfaction.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

As a top rated seller with lots of success, I'm surprised you still have the thinking that once an item is shipped it is no longer your responsivity.  I remember years ago that used to be the thinking, but those days haven't been around in a long time and for good reason.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

If the buyer didn't receive their order, who do you think should refund them?

Have a great day
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@nicoinstamp wrote:

We shipped an item on time, provided tracking and scanned pickup, item was not delivered  and after the original scan nothing, eBay stole the money from my account as the item was not delivered, I post this so that everyone knows the type of company that eBay is. There is no integrity when it comes to thieves, only the bottom line.

1. You chose which shipping carriers you offered to deliver your item.
  2. You hired the shipping carrier to deliver the item on your behalf.
  3. You were responsible for packing the item correctly and securely.
  4. You were responsible for printing the label correctly and attaching it to the package securely.
  5. You were responsible for delivering the item to the carrier you offered.

Your issue arose from some combination of these 5 things, none of which were eBay's responsibility. So why should eBay be responsible for the lost package?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

just curious.

I see you sell currency (TARGET FOR SCAMMERS). Did you use that eBay standard envelope shipping? I have read too many stories about tracking / scanning issues and buyers getting items for free. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This is why you purchase insurance, and most USPS methods already come with some insurance included. If the package is lost then refund the buyer and file an insurance claim.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Judging by your feedback, this wasn't the first time.  What were you thinking with that response to buyers, and probably other customer feedback interactions we can't see?

You are 100% responsible for delivering the item safely to the buyer.  Period. Blaming anyone else is poor customer service and you will rightly receive defects if you don't refund the buyer when an item doesn't arrive, plus as you've seen, eBay will refund them from your funds and make sure the buyer is made whole.  That's literally written into law, a seller is by statute responsible until delivery has been made.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Ni, as I read your original post and noticed your feedback number, my only thought was how could a 2 decade+ member with approx. 14K sales possess your manner of thinking?

My second thought was why would a member with your experience resort to such inflammatory verbiage? I respect your right to disagree with the process, but not with the manner you exercised.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply