cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GTC is NO GOOD, PLEASE CANCEL THIS FEATURE AND LETUS CONTROL OUR STORES THAT WE PAY YOU

Well I have had items relisted by Ebay (GTC) and I can't say that my sells have been any better. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: The GTC is NO GOOD, PLEASE CANCEL THIS FEATURE AND LETUS CONTROL OUR STORES THAT WE PAY YOU

I haven't talked to any seller who is happy about Ebay's stupid decision to go with GTC on all fixed listings. I was doing quite well with my sales before and now I WON'T list anything as fixed. As a matter of fact I have decreased my listing by 75%. When will Ebay learn if it ain't broke don't fix it!!
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Re: The GTC is NO GOOD, PLEASE CANCEL THIS FEATURE AND LETUS CONTROL OUR STORES THAT WE PAY YOU

NO to GTC "Good Til Cancelled" Policy,

IT's bad for the small business.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

I totally agree. Although all of my fixed price listings are GTC, I think it is the sellers' decision whether to list their items as GTC or for a limited time. Why should eBay decide instead of me?

Jivko

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Ebay has made some very poor decisions in my opinion. They claim GTC is good for sellers, but when they take away options, charge more fees, more rules, more time consuming, and more hoops to jump through, I am not seeing it that way! BRING BACK the fixed price listing option WITHOUT the auto relist!!!

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

Agreed PLEASE get rid of this feature and bring back true fixed price listings, let the seller decide how they want to list.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Something else has happened as a result. I used to always set my Active Listings view to "Watchers" in descending order because it gives me a great boost to see the quantities of people watching my listings.  Now I have to constantly switch my view to monitor the Fixed Price listings for when they end. So sad. I'm a believer in Law of Attraction and believe that my focus on the watchers generates more sales.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

@quayvar wrote:

Ebay has made some very poor decisions in my opinion. They claim GTC is good for sellers, but when they take away options, charge more fees, more rules, more time consuming, and more hoops to jump through, I am not seeing it that way! BRING BACK the fixed price listing option WITHOUT the auto relist!!!

I don't see how GTC is more time consuming?

You set the listing up once, and that's it.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 40
latest reply

I actually am very happy with GTC. I have over 1200 listings that I don’t have to manually relish every month. GTC saves me a lot of time. My sales have not been affected as far as I can tell. My total eBay fees which include store subscription, final value, promoted listing, and listing fees are between 10 and 12 percent of total sales depending on the month. I find that to be pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

So, how do you end your single quantity listings after they have sold? I find I have to poke through all of my active  listings looking for those that sold, and then manually close them, otherwise they automatically relist whether there is inventory or not? They are not exposed to buyers, but they relist all the same. AND Ebay doesn't make it easy, such as select a group and click end, no I have to select the item, select end and then select a reason? WHYYY? "Sold" isn't even on the list of reasons?

Because of GTC I have stopped taking advantage of Ebay's free listing offers, as I could go over my allotted free listings for the following month, and then would have to pay additional fees if I didn't end the extra unsold listings in time. I used to let them close after the promotion period, and then when other items sold, I would relist those that hadn't.  I can't imagine trying to manage several hundred listings this way. Seems like a huge revenue generator of Ebay though. 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

GTC has always been available to me and to you. That's YOUR preference. Not everyone's.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Clearly it's not working for you either in view of the fact you have had 1 sale in 90 days!!!!!  Those of use with a lot more listings than the 125 you have is takes a lot of time to rotate our product to keep our stores from getting stale!!

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

Thats the point,, we all had a choice and now we don't!!!

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

You probably have the out of stock option on. Go to preferences and turn it off. That's the culprit for single quantity items relisting after they've sold, not GTC.
Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@alvasa wrote:

So, how do you end your single quantity listings after they have sold?

I don't, I just let them go until they are removed after 3 months.

If I'm running short on listings, I'll end them early if I need to.

In the Seller Hub, you don't have to search the active listings to find them.

Just go to your active listings and click available quantity and it'll bring all the 0s up top.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 40
latest reply