cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GTC is NO GOOD, PLEASE CANCEL THIS FEATURE AND LETUS CONTROL OUR STORES THAT WE PAY YOU

Well I have had items relisted by Ebay (GTC) and I can't say that my sells have been any better. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: The GTC is NO GOOD, PLEASE CANCEL THIS FEATURE AND LETUS CONTROL OUR STORES THAT WE PAY YOU

@theteamsetguy wrote:

Not everyone pays 35 cents. I pay $59.95 per month for my first 1000 listings and the 10 cents each. I go over by about 200 or 300 per month. My additional sales from the extra listings more the off sets the $20 to $30 per month. Also the time I save in using GTC versus manual listings is well worth the extra fees.

And good for you...It was just a random, abstract figure to make a point. I'm [relatively] sure, that there are at least 1,000,000 ebay sellers out there, who are not as fortunate, as you-  Smiley Wink

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

Re: The GTC is NO GOOD, PLEASE CANCEL THIS FEATURE AND LETUS CONTROL OUR STORES THAT WE PAY YOU

You are correct.. Get GTC  GONE!   I always had buyers wait till day 29 to buy my items.  But now I cancel my items on day 28 or 29 so I don't get the fee...  The expired dates do not show with GTC so buyers will wait & wait ....  I have tried putting the date of expire in my listings but buyer dont read much beyond a photo.

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

Image result for ebay ceo

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

I didn't say GTC is more time consuming. Listing has become more time consuming since this forced policy being I refuse to use it, and therefore my time is now consumed with auction style listings. I hope that clarifies my comment for you.
Message 34 of 40
latest reply

There should be up to seller that what kind of listing he want, for some sellers GTC is good and for some its not fruitful so ebay should give this flexibility to seller to choose what is best for his business.
Message 35 of 40
latest reply

WOW so it must be really hard to ship something if you don't know it's sold,, right?????  LOL

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

If your sold items are NOT showing up in your sold page, as you say,,,,  how do you know you sold anything and if you need to ship anything?? Who purchased it? Where to ship it?

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

@hugron   Add my vote to the  NO list ... GTC sales have NOT increased fixed price listing sales.  A 2nd account was killed off within 6 weeks of the GTC mandate back in March ... in 3 months it went from low 5 figures in annual sales to 1-2 sales per week ... dropped it from Basic level store then Entry level store and now down to Everyday rate plan ... 1 sale in October - 0 in November and 0 -December ... it will be empty of inventory by the end of the year.

GTC Sales.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 38 of 40
latest reply

@storytimequilts wrote:

If your sold items are NOT showing up in your sold page, as you say,,,,  how do you know you sold anything and if you need to ship anything?? Who purchased it? Where to ship it?

They're all in 'orders', broken down by needing to ship and shipped.  I just bulk print all of the invoices from everything to be shipped, pull inventory, pack and ship, rolling down the orders page to make labels.

What's in 'solds' isn't really that vital, I just noticed discrepancies which was kind of strange.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

I have been saying this for months.  I had a post earlier that addressed this same subject and some eBay members insisted that I was wrong.  It is of no help to me and I assume most sellers.  I see no purpose in it.  Just not helpful.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply