cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You & Farewell

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce my departure from eBay. I have accepted an opportunity with another company, and tomorrow will be my final day with eBay. 

Though I am excited for what is to come, it is not easy for me to say goodbye. I have truly enjoyed my time working with such a mighty community. We’ve done a lot together since 2016 - from redesigning the platform, launching the eBay for Business podcast, executive engagement through Ask Me Anythings, to helping find answers for the complex issues that you face everyday, and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it!

Getting to know each of you has been a real pleasure in every respect. I have learned so much from my time as your Community Manager, and I can’t thank you enough for the ways that you’ve helped me grow these past few years.

Not to worry, though I’m starting the next leg of my journey, your day-to-day team remains the same. The wonderful trio of Brian, Trinton & Tyler is still here to serve you, and I’m confident that you’re in good hands. 

I wish you all the very best, and thank you again for everything.

Alan

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Thank You & Farewell

Happy trails Alan!...& thanks for your efforts here.

If things don't work out at your new company...I hear some folks do pretty well selling stuff on eBay.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Thanks for everything, Allan. The best for you!

If things don't work good on Amazon, we will be happy to have you back!!! (my joke😀)

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
***Herman Melville***
= = = =

Rejoice always!!!
1 Thes 5:16
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

alan@ebay 

Didnt know ya but Im sure youre a helluva guy 😁    

Best wishes in your new journey ✌️

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the best to you Alan!

The community boards are a great resource and you've done a terrific job here.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Alan,  

Thanks for making the ebay boards a cool place to hang out. 

I wish you luck in whatever the future holds for you. 

In a few years when you're ready to retire in Hawaii, hit me up. The first round of Mai Tai's is on me!  😃

Aloha and stay safe.

James

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 20 of 34
latest reply

Wishing you the very best in your new adventure! Enjoy and have fun you will be missed here!

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Good luck and all the best Alan.
“May the wind be ever at your back….
Cheers (with Smithwicks in hand) 🍺

PS. About those stinkin badges????

😍

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

I am sorry to see you go.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Best wishes and happy trails 😊

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Wow! Thank you all for your kind words. It really means a lot to me! I will miss you all. 

Cheers 🥂

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I was afraid of this (didn't fool me with that answer).......  Considering the state of this Board when you came, there is no doubt about the fact we all owe you alot for your fairness and even handedness over the years.  You've done alot and done it well.    May the Force be with you in the future!

I knew you wouldn't be fooled! The timing of your question was spooky. 

Thank you, @dhbookds. Hope you stop by my last Community Chat tomorrow 😁

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Alan,  

Thanks for making the ebay boards a cool place to hang out. 

I wish you luck in whatever the future holds for you. 

In a few years when you're ready to retire in Hawaii, hit me up. The first round of Mai Tai's is on me!  😃

Aloha and stay safe.

James

Yummy Mai Tai's! Sounds like a great deal, James! Aloha 🌞

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Thank you for caring for us,

for all your hard work and dedication here.

Best of luck,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

I am sure you are one of many who will be jumping ship! Goodbye and good luck!

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Alan, 

You will be so missed here!!  Best wishes to you and your family as you journey forth.  

Blessings,

BJ

Message 30 of 34
latest reply