cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREASON Ebay partnered with Google and China to sell counterfeit US stamp

How else can I understand it?  They censor us over every little thing we say so it is obviously permitted.  The first thing I see this morning is one of the unending ads for this roll of stamp at half price.   From China!  This is not a mistake.  It is not an accident.     All the FAANG companies are in on this.  treason.jpg

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: TREASON Ebay partnered with Google and China to sell counterfeit US stamp

Anyone using fake stamps on an envelope...envelope will be confiscated/not opened...and authorities will contact you. People take a chance using them.

Just like stamps that did not get cancel on envelopes losing their gum and are resold on the market to be used again.

This reminds me of the great Zeppelin USA stamps from the early 1930's...a man was able to buy most of these stamps at the post offices when they came out (remember 1930's) easy to do. He increased the value of these USA stamps by hoarding them all from the post offices. Unfortunately, he did get caught and got in a lot of trouble.

We also have the Ukraine stamps 2022 "Great Warship...Done!"...a lot of fakes out there.

And don't even get me started on the fake wine labels China has made and put on bottles of wines and sold to those who know nothing about wine....

Message 31 of 67
latest reply

The fact that these (or any) stamps are counterfeit is PURE SPECULATION.

As @maxine*j has pointed out, the ONLY way to know for sure is if someone from the USPS physically inspects them.

I'll pay  a few cents more and get mine form the post office or from a reputable seller.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 32 of 67
latest reply

To those who say labor costs are too high, I disagree. Management costs have gotten too high. Used to be they made thirty times more than their employees.  Now it is up around 300 times what their employees make. 

If they would make less, costs could come down.

When you look at china, they are trying to cease the entire south china sea as their own territory. They are using all the American money to build up their military, improve the infrastructure, invest in a space program, and other things. The U.S. needs to spend money to improve things in America. I would be glad to pay more for American made products.

If they want to keep cheaper labor then move to a country that is more friendly to  the USA.

Message 33 of 67
latest reply

As @maxine*j has pointed out, the ONLY way to know for sure is if someone from the USPS physically inspects them.

I'll pay  a few cents more and get mine form the post office or from a reputable seller.

Read my post. That is exactly what I intend to do. I am in the DC area so close to the Bureau of Printing and Engraving. 

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

The forever stamps have been around for about 16 years (2007) and were worth .41 cents at that time.   

A forever stamp from 2007 that cost .41 cents can be used today with a value of .63 cents

People collect stamps.   They go to the counter at the PO or they order from USPS.com or they get that 

USPS catalog in the mail.   They buy postage at face value and save it,

Granpa bought every sheet of stamps that the USPS produced starting in 1960    He's invested 

thousands of dollars in USPS stamps and they are all like new.    Now the widow wants to sell them.    And there is not (For the most part) a single sheet of stamp in that collection whether it's a 3 cent stamp from 1960 

or a 5 cent stamp from 1965  or a 60 cent forever stamp from 2022 that's worth more than postage.

So,    Granma staggers into a stamp store or goes to a stamp convention to sell.     She's get's about 50% 

of the face value of her $20,000.00 in stamps or about $10,000.00

She's happy.   The buyers happy.   The buyer starts selling the stuff at a discount.   He gets 

80%  of face he's happy.    His buyer sticks the stamps on an envelope at a discount and he's happy.

I'm a collector since 1968 and discount postage has always been a thing. 

Message 35 of 67
latest reply

This is 100% true, stamps are considered, for all legal purposes as currency. An interesting subject to look into is how and why the Secret Service was created, and when/why they added to their primary function, which was controlling counterfeiting, the protection of the president. 

I don't understand why people aren't waking up to the danger that the CCP, it's not China folks, those people aren't to blame, but the CCP is. 

I live in NM, and we are now seeing a massive uptick in drugs and drug related crime, I'm sure it has to do with the cartels pumping us with fentanyl. Use this search term "Vigilance Elite Cartels" Luis Chaparro, Ioan Grillo and Ed Calderon can fill you in. 

I don't blame China, it's the way wars are fought right now, but I do wish our government would do something to protect us from the poisonous pet foods, the counterfeits and the huge cost incurred by our native businesses. 

Last thing I'll say, don't buy Chinese if you can help it. Every man that has a pocket or fixed blade knife should know that there are great American companies that sell those. There are All American clothing brands, optics makers etc. as well. And don't be so picky, I don't care if this one tiny screw, or ALL of the components are made in China originally, if that American company is helped to grow, they will eventually have the experience and resources to manufacture. 

But hey, if you don't care about this, then don't care, I don't care if you don't care, so who cares? 

Message 36 of 67
latest reply

They make some quality products, but they intentionally pushed planned obsolescence to the extreme, everyone knows that. You see it especially in tools. I have seen construction workers buy things like sawzalls that literally broke on the first cut. That means all that time and resources spent manufacturing the item, shipping it, transporting it etc. was wasted, and the landfill or recycling yard now gets more full. 

That's just a bad thing to support. 

Also, I just wanted to say "Any company can control the quality for products made in China " that this is just not true if the company making the items in China can undercut the competition in cost, the company really has no choice. Not to mention that a lot of the time these products are made in China and not shipped until sold, which means that nobody is doing any quality control in between.

Then there's the fact that One brother goes in to the factory in the morning to make what the American corporation has contracted them to, and the other brother goes in at night to make the counterfeit. Not saying this happens everywhere or that all Chinese do this, but it does happen, and with the nod given, maybe even the nudge in certain industries (Looking at you Tencent) of the CCP, because the CPP controls all industry in their country. 

As far as the Cabal, yeah, that is horrible. Both sides. Just look into Mitch McConnell's dealing with China and how rich he got by helping them, and neglecting us, but I probably shouldn't be talking politics on this forum, so that is all I'm going to say.

Message 37 of 67
latest reply

Years and years ago there was a story about a company that was receiving an over abundance of returned items to be repaired (it was electronics) under warranty. So, they fixed them, but got a team going to look into it. They found out that there was a company in China   (I believe, though it might have been a different Asian nation) where they were making counterfeits so well, that the techs who fixed them couldn't even tell. The counterfeiters even went so far as to set up a phony corporate headquarters and storefront with the authentic companies name. Now that's serious business. 

Message 38 of 67
latest reply

@mike_jayroe 

The U.S. needs to spend money to improve things in America.

President Biden was here in Canada this week, and that was exactly what he was conferring with our Prime Minister Justin Trudeau about.

Mostly on 'green economy' stuff, like producing batteries for electric cars.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-us-wants-canada-to-take-part-in-a-global-economic-d...

And as part of NAFTA /CUSFTA, Mexico will also be involved in these talks.

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

The problem is that labor is expensive here. Everyone wants inexpensive items.  You can't get that if American made unfortunately.    Anyway, these counterfeit stamps are all over Facebook too. I read an ad the other day and the next morning I had 3 more ads for the same fake stamps but from different companies. It's obvious if the stamps are way below price, they are fake.  Both Ebay and Facebook do a very poor job monitoring this.  

Spot on, it's lifestyle comes down to it.  America more so than any nation is the shopping cart of the world and has been.  When the lions of share of products bought by Americans were made in America the land used its $$$ influences all over the world whilst the USSR used its might and protective nature to divvy up the globe for the most part.

Cheap textiles for example used to be the business of Mexico towards US import after we decided making low end clothing couldn't run good profit given wages, insurance etc... Lifestyle.  Along the paths we went from a production/manufacturing economy to that service and tech.  We'll hear legislators yell and howl about unfair Chinese competition, incidentally same thing happened with Japan and cars, consumer electronics however Japan nor S. Korea for that matter are near as populate as China and both were somewhat still under the umbrella of America's post WW II & Korean War impacts.

Most American's don't understand China's history nor for that matter care acknowledge that a huge swath of Western USA was essentially robbed from Mexico under completely manufactured pretense.  In the case of China more Chinese lost their lives in WW II than any other nation on the planet and that's what set them into a "Never Again" mode.  Its estimated over 18 million Chinese Civilians were murdered in WW II, in comparison the Holocaust its estimated 6-10 million last I knew and those from all over Western/Eastern Europe not only Germany local.

Back to today yes, counterfeiting is a big problem perhaps less so than information technology theft but both are significant.  A problem is Government here in the USA insists China compete on US Terms and you hear it spun.  "Americans can compete with any countries workers in the world given a fair and level playing field..."  That's 100% true but they don't complete the statement, "as long as we dictate that playing field."

I've heard Commander Biden now say on four occasions, "Buy American..."  I've not heard that from any President since I was a teenager in the 70's.  They just don't say it nor will American's heed the call because its all about maintaining or growing lifestyle. 

Imagine government saying, "Look folks, 20% of everything you make is going away so as we can rebuild America's ability to compete in this new world."  Political suicide and never fly.  The reality is all the way back in the 1980's many a notable think tank stated the lifestyle is not sustainable in a world increasingly becoming competitive.

China has significant debt too, like 18 trillion across a population four times that of ours.  US national debt is $32 Trillion, across four times less population.  From the 80's forward under "Trickle Down Economics" which ***IS*** trickle down WEALTH and LIFESTYLE make no mistake we've built more Millionaires than any nation in the world who've ****FED**** off incestuous addiction of lifestyles.  I've said this before, we've 750 billionaires who are the constant brunt of "they are bad people!" and they command 5.7 Trillion dollars. We've 22 MILLION millionaires who command 158 Trillion dollars.  Anybody care LISTEN about WHICH is the POLITICAL FORCE its those 22 million by sheer number and influence, we've 321 million people in the USA, look at the percentile.  Its WHY one side of our spectrum deemed "The country club" as THAT IS WHAT IT IS and the LAST thing they want is measure taken of it and the "Serfs" deciding "Well that's enough of that!"

Even under NOMINAL circumstances of Chinese labor and civil rights advancement the USA would STILL have huge problems competing against that nation.  They emerged late into the global ecosphere of open trade and competition but in engineering that they looked hard and long at what works and doesnt.  They centralized manufacturing & support  area's whereby we never did.  We freight things all over to make product, they do not as just one example.

Now back in the 1980's these think takes stated if Americans simply spent 15% of disposable income on American made products our economy boom.  But American didn't and dont, they seek the most for their money so as they may obtain more, that's the recent 60 year history.

Who knows if there is a way out or whether America goes into the history as one of the shortest lived nations in global history.

Message 40 of 67
latest reply

@reallynicestamps

I was glad to hear that. Wish more items would be made here. At my last job before retiring I took care of shipping product to two of the biggest customers. One, everything went to three American plants. Then one production was moved to china.

The other one, everything went to mexico, china and the czech republic. I remember when I was a pre-teen, they made product in Towson, Md. 

Wish they still did.

Message 41 of 67
latest reply

I've reached the point that if I "NEED" to buy something that I can not find made in America, then I will try to find something made anywhere but china. I got a tea pot that was made in Thailand. Every other one I looked at was made in china.

If I can't find something that I do "NOT" absolutely need that is made in America than I will do without it.

I am sick of supporting chia's economy.

Message 42 of 67
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I don't know if they would be any wiser once they do physically inspect them. I'm not aware of any embedded countermeasures in genuine stamps that could show the difference between real ones and fakes made by a high-quality printing process.

As for spotting fake stamps in use, I don't see it likely that anyone monitoring the mailstream is going to spot one fake amongst a sea of genuine ones (of all designs and denominations). As the old joke goes, nobody bothers to make counterfeit one-dollar bills, but making fake Forever stamps is probably a popular and practically undetectable business.

Message 43 of 67
latest reply

I'm very angry over this onging travesty.  And it was the first thing I saw on my screen this morning.  When I clicked on the link it stated the item was from Hong Kong.    No one saved these rolls in the amounts they are selling - but I can easily be proven wrong if they show us the original sales receipts.   It won't happen.  I've seen coin dealers selling these piled by the dozens and told them so-but they don't want to get left holding the bag.   These fakes include luminescence and your local PO counter person nor the scanning machine can tell.  There are differences - primarily around the little year date - the counterfeiters couldn't get that granularity quite right - but it is miniscule.  

According Linns Stamp News March 13, 2023,  a revision to the Domestic Mail Manual is proposed to take effect April 1, stating that mail that is affixed with counterfeit postage will be treated as abandoned and disposed of.   If you buy a stamp at a drugstore or a hotel you might get one of these, no one the wiser, and the PO will trash it without notifying you.  

This is not Mr Jones buying the a new sheet everyweek and his heirs selling the results.  and that market is mostly gone anyway.  If these were real stamps, they would be sold easily as a single lot half price or BETTER and not pieced out one at a time.  It's ridiculous. 

The real problem though is the need for Ebay to force the sellers to see ads when using the site.   If I hadn't been forced to see the ad, I wouldn't have posted this here.    

Message 44 of 67
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

... I'm a collector since 1968 and discount postage has always been a thing. 

Absolutely.  I have bought and used discounted postage myself.  There is plenty of it for sale on eBay. 

But discounted postage is a different animal, as you know, from the animal being discussed here. 

Anyone unfamiliar with discounted postage who wants to see the difference can look at the many, completely legitimate, eBay listings for it.

-

Message 45 of 67
latest reply