cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet revenge against an abusive buyer

Feels so good. eBay has become a joke and I’m a casual seller so I couldn’t care less about feedback. Seems every buyer has learned they can work the system with no consequences. 

I sold an item and the buyer was taking a long time to pay. His response to my messages was “u wait, me pay”. He eventually paid after about 4 days but my trust was gone and I never intended to ship. I resisted and resold the item for $100 more than he paid and I turned his 4 day annoyance back on him only he had to wait 2 weeks for his refund. 

Yesssss!!!!!!

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Sweet revenge against an abusive buyer

I had a few buyers do **bleep** things over the years, but I sure hope I never feel the need to do something like this and actually feel good about it.  Four days was a bridge too far for you?  If that is your definition of abuse, then list with immediate payment required and ditch the auction format.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Really? And you're proud of that? 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Does this trash talk relate to life in general for you?? eBay doesn't need sellers like you. At least be smart enough to keep your vindictive "conquests" to yourself. You shouldn't and won't get much support for this here.

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Kind of scary what makes some people "feel so good".   

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

Congrats, you've become the seller we all dread buying from

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

Shameful 

VintageCarMagazines

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

Spoiler
Spoiler
Don’t knock it til you try it girls!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Reason #651498451 why nobody wants to shop here anymore.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Evening,

I imagine you must be one "sweet" buyer as well.

Mr C

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

I am sincerely sorry that you felt so overwhelmed by selling here that this kind of behavior is acceptable much less makes you feel like celebrating.

You breached a few selling rules here with how you handled this situation.  So don't get too excited yet.  If your buyer reports you, there could still be some consequences to come.  Least of which may be Karma!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 42
latest reply

You may have earned yourself being placed on some bbl

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

My first thought is that I failed to see anything abusive about this buyer - only the seller seemed abusive. 

My second thought is that I hope someone from eBay has read your post and added a note to a file somewhere. 

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

How about caring about buyers because it is the right thing to do?  You give sellers - full time or casual - a bad name.  

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

And what reason did you use to cancel?  Hopefully you choose out of stock.  Do it a couple more times that way.  Please.

brian@ebay 

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 42
latest reply