cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print a shipping label to send back my buyer's return? (it didn't meet our return policy).

The buyer agreed to take back the item. Should I send them a PayPay invoice to cover the shipping charges? How do I print the return label?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

How do I print a shipping label to send back my buyer's return? (it didn't meet our return policy).

If you initiate a return via ebay, it will direct you to print out a return label.

Did you initiate a return via ebay?

What's the reason for the return?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Wait. Are you the buyer or the seller?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I understand that you are the buyer, are you not?

Buyer opens case on eBay asking for return. eBay issues prepaid label that the buyer prints and affixes to the package with returned item.  The cost of the label is covered by seller.

https://www.ebay.com/help/ip?topicId=4041&query=SNAD&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18
inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by,
you might live in Michigan. Jeff Foxworthy.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I believe what is going on here is the seller wants to send back a buyer's return...

That is highly unusual, my concern is how exactly did you get the buyer to return the item to you?

Did you instruct the buyer on how to open a return through ebay, or did you simply have them step outside of ebay's MBG and buyer protection policies by having the buyer send it back outside of any formal return system?

If such is the case then you're likely operating a Brick and mortar store, you probably feel that ebay's policies do not apply to you or that your policies come before ebay's.  However this is ebay... There is nothing stating you can't bamboozle a buyer into returning an item outside of ebay's return system however it is unethical and you should abide by their policies.

So now you want to send the item back to the buyer?

Just keep it, you've skirted ebay's return system so why be honest now, it's not going to make the buyer feel any better.  What you should do is issue a full refund, but I doubt that would be forthcoming.

Why honor any returns?

They can all fail to meet your return policy.

I am astounded how long ebay has let B&M's get away with this, I suppose the methodical approach is what makes this scam so hard to detect and you may not see it as a scam but stepping outside of ebay's formal return system and skirting the Money Back Guarantee hardly strikes me as ethical.

Happy selling.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Buyer opened up a return for this item based on false allegations. The buyer said the reason for the return was, "Doesn't match description or photos". We used Nike's own stock photos & descriptions of this item. Is she alleging Nike's marketing team is unable to describe and photograph their own product? She then goes on to say, "Item came extremely tight with no stretch. Does not seem authentic, as I have never had nike apparel with this kind of fabric". These were listed as "WORKOUT TIGHTS". The style was listed as "Activewear Tights". Fabric Technology was listed as "Compression". The fit was listed as "Tight Fit". The fabric is 92% polyester 8% spandex. What are her workout clothes usually made out of? We purchased these tights directly from Kohl's. Kohl's is a licensed Nike retailer and is the largest department store chain in the United States with 1,158 locations throughout the U.S. Is she suggesting Kohl's is selling knock off merchandise? Could this just be a case of buyer's remorse and she should of ordered a size Small and not EXTRA Small?

Customer returned the item with the tags cut off of the garment and therefore does not qualify for a refund per our return policy.
We wrote the buyer and told her since she removed the tags the item was not able to be returned per our return policy. Buyer would now like us to send her back the item. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

No, I am the seller.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@bloom_athletic_apparel wrote:

Buyer opened up a return for this item based on false allegations. The buyer said the reason for the return was, "Doesn't match description or photos". We used Nike's own stock photos & descriptions of this item. Is she alleging Nike's marketing team is unable to describe and photograph their own product? She then goes on to say, "Item came extremely tight with no stretch. Does not seem authentic, as I have never had nike apparel with this kind of fabric". These were listed as "WORKOUT TIGHTS". The style was listed as "Activewear Tights". Fabric Technology was listed as "Compression". The fit was listed as "Tight Fit". The fabric is 92% polyester 8% spandex. What are her workout clothes usually made out of? We purchased these tights directly from Kohl's. Kohl's is a licensed Nike retailer and is the largest department store chain in the United States with 1,158 locations throughout the U.S. Is she suggesting Kohl's is selling knock off merchandise? Could this just be a case of buyer's remorse and she should of ordered a size Small and not EXTRA Small?

Customer returned the item with the tags cut off of the garment and therefore does not qualify for a refund per our return policy.
We wrote the buyer and told her since she removed the tags the item was not able to be returned per our return policy. Buyer would now like us to send her back the item. 

@bloom_athletic_apparel 

Yours is an interesting situation.

You offer 30-day (buyer paid) returns, so under a remorse situation, you could deduct the return shipping from a full refund. But... it was initiated as an Item Not Described. Thus, you'd pay a full refund, including return shipping.

If you were a TRS, you could deduct up to 50% more since it was returned significantly different than when shipped (tags cut), but I don't see TRS status... so that won't work.

But let's get real. If you are a b&m store, don't you have a tag gun? Just reapply the tags and refund the buyer.

Forget the bit about 'authentic' that's stuck in your head and read 'doesn't match description' like eBay believes it. Be glad that you have your Nike stuff back... if it sold once, it will again. 

Peace. Out.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@bloom_athletic_apparel wrote:

Buyer opened up a return for this item based on false allegations. The buyer said the reason for the return was, "Doesn't match description or photos".

Accept the return and you'll be given an option for Ebay to send the buyer a return shipping label.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@kensgiftshop ... Read that. ^^^ All of it. I'd love your take...

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@bloom_athletic_apparel 

Or you could refund her and eat it like every single other seller on the site has to do under the MBG.

Assuming you were actually playing by the rules and qualified by meeting certain criteria, you’d still have to refund but could hold back half for receiving an altered item.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

You can print a label by Going to Paypal and clicking on "Manage Multi Order Shipping" and fill in your own details. 

I'm not weighing in on if you should etc, just answering your initial question.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

You can't refuse to accept the buyer's return. You can't pass it back to the buyer like a hot potato.  eBay doesn't  make the buyer prove their claim and they don't accept the seller's proof it's as described. eBay sides with the buyer. You get the item back and they get their money back.

You need to refund in full.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Despite any communications with the buyer, none of what you want to do is enforceable with eBay policy. You can ship it back to the buyer, they can escalate the SNAD to a claim, eBay will force a refund, you will still owe final value fees and you'll have a defect on your account. The buyer will also get a free item out of it. Is that gamble worth it to you?

You're a Top Rated Seller which means you do have some protections if you choose to accept the return according to eBay policy. Instead of sending the item back to the buyer you can report them for misusing the Money Back Guarantee for the remorse claim they filed. You can deduct a percentage from the refund. eBay guidelines say you can withhold 5-10% if the tags were sent back unattached, and withholding 15-30% if the original tags are missing completely.

I get it man, it's frustrating when buyers file false claims or return things in altered conditions. We (sellers) all have to deal with these claims - that's just how it goes when you sell on eBay and many other online venues. Fighting the return won't fly with eBay if the buyer escalates.

Also - don't use Nike stock photos.  They're notorious for removing listings under the VeRO policy and why give them a valid reason to target you and put your account in jeopardy?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

You can't pass it back to the buyer like a hot potato. 

Quote of the week!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply