cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing Listings?

I've been hearing a lot about this in the forums ever since the arrival of "Guaranteed Delivery" and the slash of Top Rated Seller benefits.  I'm not sure how this works...

1. If people are searching for (lowest price + shipping) as their search criteria how is eBay possibly making listings appear further down the list...or are they just making them not appear on every search?

2. If they use "Best Match" (the default) I can see that working but how does it apply to the other dropdowns or are they not affected?

Your responses are greatly appreciated...this is not an issue that eBay addresses openly in their "Help" section.  Please refrain from using acronyms as I have no clue what they mean!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Suppressing Listings?

I don't understand what you mean by suppressed listings since Guaranteed Delivery......  Guan. delivery is going to have/has (if you have it) a filter, like free shipping, where a buyer can find only those items that have Guarn. delivery...... so that is suppressing listings, I guess.  But so is searching for a red widget.....  every other color is suppressed (supposedly)......  If you are using lowest to highest, it will only show those that offer G. Del.. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

1) Let us say a customer searched an electronic device like 2SD675 on google, or Bing some customers item will never show up while others do, mostly large sellers store.

2) If you enter the same part in eBay search it doesn't show either. But if the seller checks the store product list, the item is still there with nearly 0 views and no sales. But the seller is paying monthly store fee.

I have tested and found this to be a function of lower level programers and managers who also have outside product promotion business who make dealing with some companies and large sellers to supress little guys products that are even cheaper than larger sellers. It has to do with commision.

Second is, if you have made any comments regarding the website unfriendliness, do expect revenge of the pinkpanther IT guys. they will bury your product from being found. The trouble for ebay is the legal ramification is huge. Because it can be proven very easily.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I agree every single one of the 140,000,000 items listed daily on eBay should be the first one seen by every buyer.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@empire9876

There are 17 2sd675 items. Nothing hidden. That is a rumour started by sellers who have items either not in demand, or over-priced that don't sell here. OP, if a buyer searches by lowest price your item will fall within the price range starting lowest price first until it reaches your price.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

First, 2SD675 was just an example. Two, all store merchandise of members should be searchable via google. Three you are a young member who don't know eBay from its infancy. We have seen it evolve overtime since its inception and we know its weakest point and strongest point. Four, Fix what is wrong rather than making an excuse not to. Five, eBay will die if it does not wake up to the occasion as competition is getting fierce. Ignorance of customers and members interest is by no means a way forward.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Hope this helps...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/acronyms.html 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

“Three you are a young member who don't know eBay from its infancy.”

A lot of people use a posting ID; they might have been here longer than you.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@empire9876 wrote:
First, 2SD675 was just an example. Two, all store merchandise of members should be searchable via google. Three you are a young member who don't know eBay from its infancy. We have seen it evolve overtime since its inception and we know its weakest point and strongest point. Four, Fix what is wrong rather than making an excuse not to. Five, eBay will die if it does not wake up to the occasion as competition is getting fierce. Ignorance of customers and members interest is by no means a way forward.

@empire9876

I understand your confusion as you haven't been on Ebay as long as me. That's OK though, I forgive you. By the way, google has no obligation to show your Ebay listings.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

This is what you have
coolections ( 0 )
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 0%
[How is Feedback percentage calculated?]
You are an-insider snooping around acting like customer. I am NJ street smart buddy. I know a wolf among the sheep.

I appreciate you guys stop sending email with virus attached. Your response is going to junk mail by kaspersky. There is no research material on my laptop used for eBay except eBay junk.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

“You are an-insider snooping around acting like customer. I am NJ street smart buddy. ”

Unfortunate that the concept of a posting ID eludes you.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You can't attack posters on the boards - you may not like their opinion or the facts but that's the way it is.

To explain - posting IDs are ids made to specifically post on the boards. In the past - unscrupulous posters would target and hurt sellers that they didn't agree with here - so we are protecting our selling accts by using these IDs. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@empire9876 wrote:
This is what you have
coolections ( 0 )
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 0%
[How is Feedback percentage calculated?]
You are an-insider snooping around acting like customer. I am NJ street smart buddy. I know a wolf among the sheep.

I appreciate you guys stop sending email with virus attached. Your response is going to junk mail by kaspersky. There is no research material on my laptop used for eBay except eBay junk.

Well, this thread took a turn...

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ripcityresell

It looks like he doesn't know that Ebay sends him emails whenever his name comes up on the boards. That's OK, we forgive him.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply