cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in sales May 2022

Please, report 13E9AEB6-1AE4-4BE0-9A83-516FDA4C16F6.jpeghere if you recently within a week or so experienced sudden drop in sales. We can then ask Velvet to pass it on to technical team for review of the accounts. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 1 of 837
latest reply
836 REPLIES 836

Re: Sudden drop in sales May 2022

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I thought the Not a Match popup meant it couldn't add it to a product page or something.

I'd rather they didn't find a match, frankly, but if the popup is as useless as it appears to be, I'd rather they just remove it because all it does is get in the way of the listing flow (or what little flow there is on this new thing).

@toomuchstuffagain35  

I can create a listing for something I sold last week that had a correct UPC and will still get that message ... again.   Not sure if many people know this but there is also an older European UPC code that had 13 digits ... yep, get the same message with those too.  

The popup is useless ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 736 of 837
latest reply

It's truly amazing how many of eBay's brilliant ideas are non-functional, working at half of what they were intended to do or just not working at all.  We're not seeing any fixes or improvements.

Here we have 50 pages of input from experienced sellers that are "coincidentally" facing the same problems and eBay has "No Comment"

Please fix this!

devon@ebay

velvet@ebay

Message 737 of 837
latest reply

he talks in circles, sayes the same thing over and over!  Mr. Rawashdeh Can you fix the problems?

Message 738 of 837
latest reply

@debbie6438 wrote:

he talks in circles, sayes the same thing over and over!  Mr. Rawashdeh Can you fix the problems?

More like can you tie your own shoes.  Sorry to be rude to someone I've never met, but most eBay management seem to have failed first grade. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 739 of 837
latest reply

@goombaymama wrote:

Yes, the buck stops in his lap.  What got me was his repeating buyers could find items not available anywhere else, ie, the old-time sellers of collectible and vintage stuff.   Also, the use of the word "customer".  To me sellers are ebay's customers.  Buyers are the seller's customers.  And supposedly Ebay facilitates getting those buyers to the sellers.   I did laugh when the interviewer stating that when he used it, it did not seem like a place he'd buy anything.  0.0

@goombaymama well, that is how it is, or should be, but ebay took this notion that sellers are ebay's customers and so are the buyers even though they source, list, determine price, and ship nothing...they impose their rules on their sellers and expect everything to be fine and dandy but not every situation is the same and not every rule ebay places makes sense for all those different situations. Flat out, many my buyers would tell ebay they are buying from me because of me, not because of ebay...your buyers would say the same, and most everyone buyers... it's the quality of the product and the service they are paying for your items and coming to you and in turn they are using ebay because of you, not because ebay. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 740 of 837
latest reply

this reply is in general to the whole topic;

Sales and drops in sale: Opinions mine of course: No guarantees on the time lines of all of this.

First it the loss of PP: expendable income left on PP was used to purchase on eBay: cuts sales of course.

repair by letting folks us MP to purchase with are in progress: (may be to little to late).. time will tell.

Can not blame eBay or PP on this one> law changes especial the 1099-K to 600 buck cased a lot of this;

In other words a forced separation happen.

Second for some time a ghost listing appearance had occurred with eBay: a hidden in the software and update to indexing problem has existed for some time ( Note have not seen post on this as of late).

An indexing problem for sure. NOTE the INDEXING part of this statement.

Next was the change of catagory to item specifics changes to the indexing: Again a fail over all;

Folks did use category to search for items they were after.  Again note the INDEXING again as a problem.

Now we have seen major complains of major sellers that INDEXING was taking to long (loss of the new listed item in a search is the result of such) Loss of sales again.

The truth is your items are not being found: that is the problem with eBay; May suspected reason for such is a FAIL in the index system.

This is not hard to understand; It may be a major problem to fix.

To those that have to deal with such in eBay: good luck: you will need it and may have to come up with some thing very creative and new to fix it.

As for them having no sales; Log out or use a device never used to log in by YOU to search each and every item you list to see if it comes up. Indexing problems will show with this.

If it does not show: end item; Relist it by using sell similar.  Some have had good results with this;

EBay My apologies for posting this;

Your fails (or internal sabotage that I suspect at times) is a major problem}.  Fix it please.

I doubt you can... It would already have been:

Look for a specific server or allocation table that is causing this. It is were I would start in the olden days.

Left out the today's economy: it is a problem for sales folks: one can not tale the funds form the masses on basic necessity and expect growth.

Message 741 of 837
latest reply

Low sales are mostly due to Ebay changes not because of the economy 

Message 742 of 837
latest reply

Have you done much reading on Ebay's tech blog?  Most articles read like a press release, but many are very insightful.  IMHO, Ebay has botched their implementation of ever changing AI.  Give the buyers what they ask for in search, not a bunch of best guesses of totally unrelated items.   Ebay has embedded their own key word spamming based on the crazy search results I've seen. 

Message 743 of 837
latest reply

October (Sales) Nothing is happening,

I am afraid! Half the month is gone!

I don't think anybody cares!

The new listing tool has issues,

cut and paste text is crazy!

Doesn't format properly.

They need to fix that too!

I was going to call the tech support, but why?

Why would a guy who makes 21 million a year as

the CEO of eBay care about us sellers who can't

make enough money on eBay to pay our rent!

Why?

Gotta hear this line of jive!

I am afraid! Who can I turn to?

Message 744 of 837
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Old-Listing-Page/m-p/33301718#M2099075

CHECK THIS OUT - old listing tool!

If you have a listing in 'drafts', you can change it to anything you want.

If you don't have a draft, start a listing in the new tool, save as a draft, and then open the draft and get going!

Last night it took me an hour to list a jacket on the new; today I completed an new listing on the 'old' in the usual 5 minutes!  YAYYYYYYYYYY!!

Message 745 of 837
latest reply

Add me to the list. Worst year ever. Never had a problem with sales!! Qualityreplacementsfast!

Message 746 of 837
latest reply

Add me to the list. Zero in 4 days. This is ridiculous! It just stopped!

Message 747 of 837
latest reply

Add us to this list. It occurs every quarterly update. Steady daily sales of multiple items for weeks, eBay does the update, all sales stop. Traffic at 40K daily drops to 20K or even 10K. Ridiculous.

Message 748 of 837
latest reply

Just checking in to see if anyone has seen any changes in their sales.

For me sales are trickling in but nothing noteworthy.  This is the WORST holiday season I've ever had in the 15 years I've been selling on eBay.

Just trying to stay afloat.... and hoping that we all have a Christmas Miracle... soon...

Message 749 of 837
latest reply

We just had the worst sales for a weekend in ages. Usually things slow down on the weekends, but we have been consistent. This past weekend some weird stuff was happening where on Friday we went for a good 5+ hours without a single sale, we have a pretty sizable store. We do list 100+ items a day, run promotions, promoted listings, free return/shipping and the whole shebang as I've been on eBay for 20 years. Then Saturday wasn't all that great and then some how yesterday we ended the day with some decent sales which was weird since our Sundays usually taken. I have noticed our impressions have dropped by 100K a day. Who knows what else is going on there.

Message 750 of 837
latest reply