cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting Multiple Unpaid Item Notices

A buyer won 108 of my auctions last weekend.  He is unhappy that the shipping discount is not as big as he expcted and is refusing to pay for any of the auctions.  I will be opening unpaid disputes this weekend so I can get my fnal value fees back.  Is there a way to open the disputes in bulk, or do I have to do this 108 times?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Submitting Multiple Unpaid Item Notices

If I include the incidental costs in the price of the auction (as opposed to in the shipping cost), then I am limited in giving a discount for multiple wins.  That's why I prefer the low opening bid and the $3.80 shipping.  It gives me more flexibilty to give the buyer a good deal.

July

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

There's really no way to calculate in advance what the price would be for multiple wins on  my auctions, because the items I sell are so different in size and weight.  

July

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

You cannot please all the people all the time. Sounds like you did what you could. I'd still consider doing something else than the cases. Do your competitors ship 20 cent cards with 40 cent holders?

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

The $.40 case x 800 cards is the problem. 

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 34 of 44
latest reply

I can. Go to your settings & turn the unpaid item assistant on, set the amount of days, 2, 4, Etc.. it will open the claims for you. You’ll need to come back after 4 days & close each one.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 35 of 44
latest reply

I pretty much disagree with everyone here. The buyer bid on your items which had a clearly stated shipping cost. They are unreasonable to want to change it now. You should file upis on everyone of them. I’m easygoing & try to make everyone happy but this buyer is wrong.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 36 of 44
latest reply

mg152 - To be fair to the buyer, I do say in my auctions that I do offer shipping discounts for multiple wins.  But again, it is impossible to calculate that in advance because of the variety of things that I sell.

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

eponymous - I did offer to put all of the cards into an 800-count baseball card box without the plastic cases in order to save the buyer money, but he was still not happy with the total cost.

Again, the price I quoted him was meticulously arrived at so that I did not make any money off the shipping.  It was still too high for him, even after I explained (in detail) how I arrived at the price.

July

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

I would chime in but it looks like you've gotten your answer. 

Also consider though, the buyer can always pay once you file the UPI and if it gets paid they can always return them and leave feedback.

So, what price did you ask for shipping?

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 39 of 44
latest reply

I know. I looked at them but still you had clear shipping rates posted. I think your shipping is reasonable. I saw everyone saying you’re charging too much & I totally disagree. You can charge $100 s&h if you want to.
Anything you do to discount is a bonus. I think you’re an excellent seller. You pack the items nicely, you communicate with buyers. I’d buy from you if I collected those items. Don’t let it get to you. Honestly I think you should call CS & have them help you with the claims. You don’t want to end up with the fees on all that stuff.
I’m really sorry this happened. Good luck to you & please update me. My pms don’t work but you’re welcome to message me through one of my listings if you need anything, even just to talk. 😀😀
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 40 of 44
latest reply

@julycoaronwrote:

eponymous - I did offer to put all of the cards into an 800-count baseball card box without the plastic cases in order to save the buyer money, but he was still not happy with the total cost.

Again, the price I quoted him was meticulously arrived at so that I did not make any money off the shipping.  It was still too high for him, even after I explained (in detail) how I arrived at the price.

July

Based on everything you have stated it doesn't sound like profit is involved anywhere here.  After clearing this whole mess up, I would rethink my listings, prices, and shipping.   If you aren't getting any bidding, then I would go fixed price with some profit worked in there somewhere.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Any experienced buyer would know that their entire order would fit in at most one large flat rate priority box so if you are charging them more than $20-$25 shipping it is because you have built your profit into the shipping cost.    How would the buyer know that you have paid 40 cents for holders for each item that you are selling for 20 cents and including that cost as shipping??    As others have stated that cost as well as ebay's 10% and paypal fees should be built into the item price not shipping. 

99 cents with $3.00 shipping makes more sense than 20 cents with $3.80 shipping if you are going to offer combined shipping.   And then you don't have to worry about the cost of a bubble mailer and can actually come up with a defensible combined shipping charge if you can use a USPS flat rate envelope or box. 

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Kathieskorner - I'm trying to follow your logic.  Imagine I sell five different lots of baseball cards (15 cards per lot), the combined price for shipping would be the same regardless of the bid price.  About $2.80 for postage, plus three plastic cases (25-count cases) at $.40 per case, plus one bubble envelope (cost around $.20).  That's $4.20.  Adding in 13% for PayPal and Ebay fees would bring the combined total to $4.63. 

So I'm actually saving the buyer money by offering the cards at $.20 with the $3.80 shipping & handling.  Because his total cost would be $1.00 (five auctions at $.20) plus $4.63 S & H.  If the starting bid was $.99, he'd be paying $4.95 plus $4.63 S & H.

How is this better for the buyer?

July

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Maybe it wasn't stated because the OP was NOT asking "how do I reduce the shipping costs" but rather "do I have to open all 108 cases individually"? OP is NOT in the wrong here. Period.

@partial*eclipsewrote:

Oops, it would have been useful to know that from the outset.

Tiptoeing through the tulips can end in stepping on a cow patty 😉
Message 44 of 44
latest reply