cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting Multiple Unpaid Item Notices

A buyer won 108 of my auctions last weekend.  He is unhappy that the shipping discount is not as big as he expcted and is refusing to pay for any of the auctions.  I will be opening unpaid disputes this weekend so I can get my fnal value fees back.  Is there a way to open the disputes in bulk, or do I have to do this 108 times?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Submitting Multiple Unpaid Item Notices

dog-ate-my-homework -

Of course, any buyer can leave negative feedback for any seller.  When you look at my cost breakdown, do you really believe my fees are exhorbitant?  How would you suggest I make them less?

July

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

It pretty well nukes the buyers ability to buy anything on ebay.
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

Sorry.  I mistyped.  The last response was to dog-ate-my-tablecloth.

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

@julycoaronwrote:

Donnsmit - Would canceling the auctions get my FVF fees back?

yes...........but again, you need a clear buyer request to cancel in messages.......

If you want to file UPI, I think I'd call ebay......and ask them if they can do it because of the ##s.

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

@julycoaronwrote:

To chrysylys -

I am NOT trying to make money on shipping.  Quite the contrary.

I ship my cards in bubble envelopes and packed in new plastic cases (which the buyer can reuse).  Then, in order to be financially protected (and to comply with eBay's preferences), I send the package via first class USPS with tracking.  My costs for a basic auction:

$2.66 for postage (if the package is 4 oz. or less) - USPS increased their rates last month

$.40 for the case

$.12 for the envelope

$.42 for the PayPal fees (2.9% + $.30)

$.40 for the eBay fees (10%)

----------

Total: $4.00

If the item sells for $.20 + $3.80 shipping & handling, I make no profit.

I do not factor in my time, my paper and ink for shipping labels and packing slips, my trips to the local post office.

July

Nobody is disputing the costs related to shipping single (or few) items in an individual shipment.  The question here is the cost of shipping a bulk lot, and apparently you are unable to explain to your buyer's satisfaction what the cost is to ship a box of cards to him.  It's only a few bucks to ship, so I can't understand what his displeasure would be based on, unless your combined shipping price stated after the fact was wayyyyyyy out of line of what the true shipping costs would be.

It looks like you're trying to pass off selling costs as *shipping & handling* expenses.  No wonder your buyer is refusing to pay out on combined shipping at that rate!!!  although he should have had a far better understanding of what you intended to do to him UP FRONT, before he bothered to bid on your auctions.  As buyers, we're always reminded to get an understanding of that up front.

And you'll have to open the unpaid cases on each auction, one at a time.  The UPI's are on the individual listed items that remain unpaid, not on the buyer as an individual.

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

@julycoaronwrote:

A buyer won 108 of my auctions last weekend.  He is unhappy that the shipping discount is not as big as he expcted and is refusing to pay for any of the auctions.  I will be opening unpaid disputes this weekend so I can get my fnal value fees back.  Is there a way to open the disputes in bulk, or do I have to do this 108 times?

You should be able to a send a revised invoice with all items in the one invoice and then open just one unpaid item dispute and close it as you normally would.

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

The maximum number of entries per invoice is 40.

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

@julycoaronwrote: ...The buyer won more than 800 cards in all.  Some are standard size; some were over-sized....

In addition, the same buyer won several books and record albums.

I calculated the combined shipping carefully, so as not to make a profit on shipping....

Oops, it would have been useful to know that from the outset. Most of us just glanced through completed listings and saw the shipping cost for a single card. I had no idea that your packaging involved a case that costs 40 cents for a 20-cent card.

I don't know any way to submit unpaid item claims en masse. Have you checked whether it's an option in the drop-down actions menu in your Sold section? Have you sent invoices for the combined shipping costs?  Most books and record albums are eligible for shpping via Media Mail, if no ineligible items are included in the package.

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

@partial*eclipsewrote:

@julycoaronwrote: ...The buyer won more than 800 cards in all.  Some are standard size; some were over-sized....

In addition, the same buyer won several books and record albums.

I calculated the combined shipping carefully, so as not to make a profit on shipping....

Oops, it would have been useful to know that from the outset. Most of us just glanced through completed listings and saw the shipping cost for a single card. I had no idea that your packaging involved a case that costs 40 cents for a 20-cent card.

I don't know any way to submit unpaid item claims en masse. Have you checked whether it's an option in the drop-down actions menu in your Sold section? Have you sent invoices for the combined shipping costs?  Most books and record albums are eligible for shpping via Media Mail, if no ineligible items are included in the package.

There's a good point in this reply ... LPs DO qualify for being shipped Media Mail along with the books they could be a separate shipment for dollars less then shippinng them Parcel Select or Prioirty Mail.   We just shipped a 2 lbs book to the Left Coast, our cost less than $ 3 ... 2 lbs Parcel Select or Priority to the same location would be more than double that amount.  The cards could all be grouped together as a shipment.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 24 of 44
latest reply

Turn you Unpaid Item Assistant on. In the future you just let it close them out for you. 

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

For one I would include the cost of the case in the cost of the item. It doesn't make sense to use a case worth twice as much as the item anyway.

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

Just do your best to try to negotiate a fair shipping that you and the buyer can agree with.   We had some issues close to the same so we went to free shipping on everthing and just factor in on the selling price.  Its worked out very well we have not had any issues since.  Just a idea.  Best regards

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

@julycoaronwrote:

dog-ate-my-homework -

Of course, any buyer can leave negative feedback for any seller.  When you look at my cost breakdown, do you really believe my fees are exhorbitant?  How would you suggest I make them less?

July

I wasn't able to find where you told us how much you intend to charge this buyer. Your individual item shipping charge is fine, but that's not the issue here, is it?

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

Then total shipping charge was something like 8% of what it would have been if all items had been shipped individually.

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

And I did have to send the buyer multiple invoices, partly because there is a maximum of 40 items per invoice.  And I did separate out the Media Mail items from the First Class items, resulting in a further savings to the buyer.  Still not good enough.

July

Message 30 of 44
latest reply