cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stressed out seller here - eBay has removed my recent newest listings multiple times no reason given

Thanks for all the helpful comments, I'm now in the process of reshaping my store and the keywords used.

I greatly appreciate all the help, kind regards from Tyler at CloneCantinaCustoms 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Stressed out seller here - eBay has removed my recent newest listings multiple times no reason g

I have no reason to lie to you, I haven't received a single email or message from eBay. 

Also the figurines are called "Clones" as in, they are clone troopers from a clone army. 

I understand what you mean though, my intention isn't to pass them off as real genuine LEGO, the LEGO community is very understanding of customised LEGO figurines and it's a huge subculture and market that LEGO even still promotes in various ways. 

I'm just genuinely scratching my head as to why I'm not receiving any clear error messages or violations. I'd love to know what's really going on, and even if it means I need to change my title set up or something. 

In the past we have received two VERo notications for figurines that were deemed too close to existing LEGO figurines, and it made sense why they were removed. 

This time it's just confusing and nutso.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Re: Stressed out seller here - eBay has removed my recent newest listings multiple times no reason g

Thanks for the reply. I won't be listing those figurines again just to be safe. 

I may have to go through all my listings and drop the LEGO/Star Wars keywords, as I'm genuinely just working off what I've seen other stores use (Battle Brick Customs for one) 

Thanks for the advice. 

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

@tytak_31 wrote:

Well, when you say it like that. It actually makes sense. 

I'm going to ring eBay again tomorrow and see if that's the issue, thanks for the potential clarity on the matter. 

@tytak_31 

If it matters, I do think your custom figures are great. I hope you can find a way to list them successfully. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

What specifically were the items in the listings?

And you did not receive any notifications in your eBay messages stating that the items were taken down?

Are you using other people's intellectual property (i.e. character names or likenesses) in your custom figures without permission?

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

When you sell as "new" that implies that  it is from the manufacturer . Once an item is opened ,altered it is a used product,

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

100 percent of your listings are against both ebay policy and copywrite / trademark law. 

You can't just create Star Wars figures and sell them. Now combine that with the issues with Lego as well and you have a destined to fail business that is essentially criminal in the first place.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@conservitvs wrote:

@tytak_31 

If you are attempting to sell custom (ie: not authentic, real LEGO figures), and you are using LEGO anywhere in the title, then that is the reason. 

LEGO strictly enforces their copyrights.

I notice in the first sentence of your post that you say “custom figurines.”

You don’t call them LEGO here, so don’t use LEGO in the title of your listings. 

@tytak_31 also uses "Lego" as the brand in the item specifics! 

albertabrightalberta_0-1715706705367.png

I'm not sure how Lego/VeRO would view the current active listings. Although "Lego" isn't used in the title, it's still in the IS and the descriptions.  

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

It's an oxymoron for you to sell your custom mini figures as new from LEGO.  The pieces become used once you touch them.   

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

You are using parts of Legos and 3D printed custom figurines if I understand correctly? You need to get those taken down immediately before you are permanently banned from eBay and never allowed to sell here again or end up with a lawsuit from Lego.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@tytak_31 wrote:

I have no reason to lie to you, I haven't received a single email or message from eBay. 

This makes no sense that you claim not to have "received a single email or message from eBay." If you didn't get any message(s), then you wouldn't have used the title of this thread as your topic. 

If ebay removed your "recent newest listings," you received messages telling you of the removals. 

Did any of the messages say "Your listing isn’t following policy: VeRO Unauthorized Listing Policy?" If they were VeRO takedowns requested by Lego, there is contact information at the bottom of the message. 

The bottom line is that ebay doesn't remove listings without a message telling you that they were removed and giving a reason. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Thank you for the advice, I honestly was clueless on that. I will make sure to mark them as used/other so I'm not misleading anyone. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

I think I'm starting to understand what the issue is now, thank you for the comment. 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

I am being very sincere with you that I haven't received a single email from eBay, I would include that in this forum post for sure. 

I wish they had let me know what the issue was so I could amend it, but a lot of the very helpful people in this forum have helped me figure out what may be the issue. 

Kind regards, Tyler 

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

I sell LEGO on eBay too, I would check if the items are listed under "LEGO Bricks and Pieces" or "Building Toys Pieces and Parts". I think if they aren't under the LEGO section it should be fine. Hope you can get that issue fixed!

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Thanks a lot friend, hopefully I can sort this out. Im doing an overhaul of all my listings tonight to try and rectify any potential issues. 

Kind regards and thanks again. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply