cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store or No Store * What are Benefits and Pitfalls

Store or No Store * What are Benefits and Pitfalls

I have 2 sites with nearly 4000 items

Do store save money if re-listing required? 

What are re-listing costs compared to non-store listings?

Do I find a wider market with a store?

Can I transfer all 4000 items to a store ?

What can I learn?

Thank you

Terry / Morgan

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Store or No Store * What are Benefits and Pitfalls

Might have missed it in the replies but there is no automatic transfer for listings. You'd need to use a third party resource like Inkfrog to backup the listings with all photos then move between usernames.  You'd have to use their $30.00 a month option I think and then you can do a one-time transfer to your one large store, and then just cancel Inkfrog after that.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

They're not talking about creating a new user account, only a store, which doesn't require anything to "transfer" listings.  If you open a store with your current username, all your listings will automatically appear in your storefront.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@morgan1889cc wrote:

Spent over S4K last year in fees, what a relief a store will be

Thank you

Terry

Keep in mind I was talking about listing fees, not final value fees.  A store will lower FVFs slightly, but not by much.  Are you saying you paid 4K in listing fees?

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

"In some Categories there are reduced Final Value Fee for Stores, some are the same as non-store, none will ever be more with a Store."
---------

IF I am remembering correctly, when you open a store you receive the reduced final value fees on current listings once the listing renews, not immediately.   Can anyone confirm or deny that?  It's been a while since I heard that so it could be wrong.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I don't see anything in eBay's help pages that states that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Although it may seem trivial, that $25 quarterly credit on Ebay Shipping Supplies can lead to an increased professionalism in packaging, which helps feed repeat business.

The ability to create your own store categories promotes selections to feed your repeat buyers, including placing "goes with", likely extensions of a collection in the same category. Once you have repeat buyers checking your stores, you can attempt to broaden their collections subtly.

It requires minimal care and feeding, pays for itself, and offers another outlet for merchandising,

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

"In some Categories there are reduced Final Value Fee for Stores, some are the same as non-store, none will ever be more with a Store."
---------

IF I am remembering correctly, when you open a store you receive the reduced final value fees on current listings once the listing renews, not immediately.   Can anyone confirm or deny that?  It's been a while since I heard that so it could be wrong.

That's my reading, too.  The stores TOS states that the FVF rate for any listing is determined when the listing goes live, or when it rolls over. 

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

IMHO this seller should sign up for a month-to-month Basic store subscription ASAP.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I couldn't find anything about it either.  It's possible that they did that when I opened a store in about 2006. That was a long time ago so it has likely changed.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply