cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steiners/ecommercebytes revive eBay harassment suit

From today's Boston Globe:

The revised lawsuit included a bevy of evidence that emerged during the sentencings, including an eBay Powerpoint presentation to the US Attorneys Office conceding that actions of its former employees were “clearly criminal” and that former chief executive Devin Wenig’s “tone was improper and unacceptable.” The presentation also said the company did not find evidence that Wenig “directed or knew that criminal acts would occur.”

Baugh, during his sentencing, admitted to concocting the plot, saying he was a former covert operative for the CIA and FBI, where he learned to lie about his work. Baugh apologized for his actions and said he was “completely out of control” due to alcohol abuse....

The revised lawsuit added Wendy Jones, eBay’s former senior vice president of operations and Baugh’s direct supervisor, as a defendant. Jones asked Baugh to deal with complaints about the Steiners’ website and comments on the site, according to the lawsuit, and her failure to properly oversee Baugh was a “proximate cause” of the harassment.

Message 1 of 228
latest reply
227 REPLIES 227

Re: Steiners/ecommercebytes revive eBay harassment suit

@farmalljr 

I'm not at all sure what we are disagreeing about.  I like the articles on the site, with a few exceptions.  It is the posts from other readers that I take issue with mostly.  But nothing I can do about that except ignore them mostly.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 226 of 228
latest reply

@giant_industries wrote:

Wonder if these big tech companies like ebay or facebook are part of the government.

@giant_industries Silicon Valley has some very interesting relationships with government, intelligence, and military interests for sure. 

If you ever want a rabbit hole to go down, do some research on all of the things eBay founder Pierre Omidyar is involved in/has influence over through his media empire (First Look Media), philanthropic organization (Omidyar Network) and other endeavors....it's some wild stuff, including the fact he pretty much owns the Snowden files.

Incidentally, Omidyar stepped down from the eBay board about 3 months after news of this scandal became public with the first criminal charges being brought. Of course the official story is there were no disagreements with the board and it was a happy parting of ways as he decided to focus on other things...but the timing is interesting to say the least.

Message 227 of 228
latest reply

it was sarcasm.  

Message 228 of 228
latest reply