cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my listings have "see full discription" button, some don't. Why?

Some of my listing have all the info (title despriction, pictures ect) on the same page, but some have a "see ful descriotion" button to click, that opens a different page with the descrition.

I want all on the same page, how do I make that happen?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Some of my listings have "see full discription" button, some don't. Why?

Sorry for all the mispellings of the word description. hahah

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@products_wsm  Most likely it is because you have "active content"  somewhere in your listing which will cause the "see full description" button to show up.  Post your question on the "Active Content" board and you will find a link to a tool that will identify where the active content is located.  Good luck!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/bd-p/activecontent

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Can't effectively help with no listings to look at.  Otherwise, plenty of us here would likely be able to nail down exactly what is causing the See Description box.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@products_wsm  Most likely it is because you have "active content"  somewhere in your listing which will cause the "see full description" button to show up.  Post your question on the "Active Content" board and you will find a link to a tool that will identify where the active content is located.  Good luck!

I think that you are on to something here as I have just finished today revising almost 200 listings because of active content. All had the "see full description button" when I started and when finished all had the info (title description, pictures ect) on the same page.

I did not do all of the revising today as it was taking 3 to 4 minutes per listing. What a pain. Glad that it is done. Plus side was I also made them mobile friendly while at it. My listing had a border around the description making it a pain to read from a cell phone.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks hidy hoo

That was the problem. I had a business logo picture in a lot of my listings -after removing the pics, there's no more see full description button.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply