cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales

I had been doing rather well I thought selling on EBay since February.  I had two or three sales a week which made me very happy.  Two weeks ago, though it all just stopped.  I have only gotten a couple of sales and only after I sent offers to the watchers.  Is anyone else having a problem with slow sales right now?  I'm getting very depressed.

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Slow Sales

I do try to list at least one new item per day and I'm working on eliminating the least desirable clothing brands. 

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

Great idea

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

My sales are way down for August. I sell a steady amount each month and boy have they dropped for August. I think it is a problem with eBay's search engine, just my opinion. When I was searching today I got messages that Said "Oops, we tried really hard, but we can't find that page ... and directs me to try again or contact eBay. Happened when under Books, I clicked the subheading "Antiquarian and Collectible." Also, it is really slow, takes forever for listings to appear. (Not computer or internet or settings, etc. Only slow on eBay).

It was so frustrating. Now if I was a buyer, I would stop searching. Then when I checked the posts under "technical issues," there have been a bunch in the last few months. I have had trouble with searches intermittently, but when it impacts my sales, this is an issue eBay needs to fix ASAP.

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

My sales are way down for August, also. I have 9 sales so far, and usually have around 20. Just my opinion, but I think there are glitches in the search engine. When I searched today, I got "Oops, we looked everywhere and we could not find that page" (or something like that). What do buyers do if they can't access the listings??

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

Relisting or using the “sell similar item” function no longer provide the same increase in buyer interaction as it has in the past. I’m finding the only “trick” is to create BRAND NEW listings of items you already have listed, slightly altering the titles as not to get a double listing warning then listing those items. Then go to the listing you are essentially copying and ending them. In precisely this order. 

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

Our sales are so bad that we'll probably lose our top rated status - because the defect percentage goes up while the sales go down.

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

I've been saying this to myself for YEARS now... I swear some of us are being blocked, or throttled... 

Message 22 of 59
latest reply

Just a suggestion:

Liz Claiborne Thin and Cool, Sleeveless Summer Top, Size Small, Preowned

Liz Claiborne Tank Top Button-Up Size Small Reptile Print Gray Black Red

People aren't going to search on "preowned", "Thin" "Cool" "and", you don't need commas, and you want to front-load your titles with the richest keywords - brand, style and size. My alternate title is just a suggestion, though - I struggle with titles, too.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 59
latest reply

In the last week, my sales have plummeted; this is the worst I can remember and I’ve been selling at a pretty consistent rate for years.  I will keep listing and keep making changes but I do wonder if something happened on eBay’s end. They came to a very abrupt halt last weekend and have continued to be really bad. 

-p*m
Message 24 of 59
latest reply

How is the month of August a slow time for clothes shopping? Children all around the world are going to start a new school year. This was the only time I got clothes when I was growing up?

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

Most people have air conditioning and are inside, and online, avoiding the heat. If they are on vacation, they have their phones with the eBay app. Everyone is attached to their phone. If they are waiting in line at the airport or to get on a ride at an amusement park, their head is down swiping and scrolling and tapping their phone.

Message 26 of 59
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

How is the month of August a slow time for clothes shopping? Children all around the world are going to start a new school year. This was the only time I got clothes when I was growing up?

These days most schools START in August. My friends who are parents already finished their back-to-school shopping in July before the kids went back.

Message 27 of 59
latest reply

Very interesting August....

Message 28 of 59
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

These days most schools START in August. My friends who are parents already finished their back-to-school shopping in July before the kids went back.

Not to mention that is when BTS really kicks in, not now. Everyone has their summer stuff now - they don't need more, but shopping for winter isn't something that's on people's minds - at least in the secondary market.

People I know are too busy being outside gardening, biking, sailing, camping, running, traveling, etc. to bother with browsing for stuff on eBay or online, and chatting with others around the country that seems to be the case with them, too. August has been a big blech ever since I can remember.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 29 of 59
latest reply

My store appears to get turned on and off.  Last two days its been turned off completely.  Its either on and normal, or off for days at a time, regardless of my listing or anything, as I have a very regular schedule of doing tasks and listings.

Message 30 of 59
latest reply