cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious problem with orders. Is this a glitch?

Haven't had any sales for hours and im guessing whatever this is is probably why. I've had two different buyers message me. One of them claiming every time he tries to checkout it doesn't go through. And the other one sent me a message asking me to combine shipping with a picture of their order. However nothing comes up when searching the order number in my awaiting shipment or awaiting payment page. I thought you cant get an order number unless the order goes through. I also haven't gotten any notifications about the order either. The eBay rep I called couldn't figure it out either. So the buyer thinks they placed an order and even has an order number to show for it. But I've got nothing. Its been 5 hours since I got the message and nothing is showing up. What am I supposed to do?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Is the item still active?  

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I'm not saying that is the case here, but sometimes buyers will make up problems checking out or buying just to get the seller to go outside of ebay. Usually with newer sellers.  But you are a seasoned veteran so maybe it is truly a glitch?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I would do nothing. Don’t respond to those messages either. 

If there are no orders waiting to be shipped in your seller hub then it is definitely a scam. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

"Haven't had any sales for hours" is an interesting variation on the usual laments here.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Try contacting Ebay again just to be sure.  Sometimes if you are using the Call Center you can get different answers from different CSRs.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Thursday night is maintenance time and the gremlins do come out to play......

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

No glitch...

NO Advertising!

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Looks like whatever the problem was it has been cleared up. I see a lot of sales today, 30 June although I don't see the specific time of the sales. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

They are probably scammers. Ebay is working fine.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

There is definitely an issue I just received my third email today from customers saying they cannot pay and Ebay is saying I do not ship to their address. They are regular residential addresses.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

They are probably scammers. Ebay is working fine.

Really!  If  all the  transactions we get on Ebay are scammers @coolections , sellers wouldn't be here.  The vast majority of transactions go off just fine and that is why sellers stay.  Problem buyers do take up extra time by sellers, but they are simply a very small amount of the transactions as a whole.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@mam98031 

Maybe go back and reread. Either that or you  replied to the wrong person. I was answering the OP who said they had "two" people saying they could not pay. I would not call that "all transaction are scammers". I actually have never had a scammer n 24 years.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

And the other one sent me a message asking me to combine shipping with a picture of their order. 

@thefossildepot 

I can perhaps give you some insight into this one.  ^^^^^^   Mobile users are unable to request an invoice for multiple purchases since there is no "button" to use in the app to request a combined total from you.   Even if using a PC, the 'request total' button only works SOMETIMES.  Oh, they will let the buyer pay, but the total includes the shipping for each item when the products could be easily combined in one parcel for less. 

The other problem with not shipping to their location in the US has been brought up here a few times.  If I recall correctly, the buyer needs to clear their temp files (cache/cookies sort of thing) and reboot their device or simply try another browser.  

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

There is definitely an issue I just received my third email today from customers saying they cannot pay and Ebay is saying I do not ship to their address. They are regular residential addresses.

If that is truly the situation, and it could be possible there is an issue with their payment method, then tell the buyer to contact eBay or their bank to resolve the issue. There is nothing you can do to fix it. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply