cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate transactions, Same tracking number?

(This is my posting ID)

Just had a buyer purchase some items in 2 separate transactions. Same address for both. Due to seeing some threads discussing how eBay had changed being able to add the same tracking number to more than 1 purchase, I'm wondering if this is still going on? In the past I was able to put all the items in the same container and just add the same tracking number to all the purchases...hoping that it's still doable.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Separate transactions, Same tracking number?

highlight the radio buttons in your items awaiting shipment that you want to ship together

From the top right menu button the says "shipping" select "print shipping labels"

This should take you to a new window that says something like "you have items that can be combined"

Highlight the radio buttons again and pick "combine shipment"

Takes you to a new page that will have you enter in weight, size and method...

You'll probably want to scroll all the way to the right and make sure "show shipping cost" is NOT highlighted.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@lovemypommy It is still doable. The link below will show you how. 

See more here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/How-to-combine-two-or-more-orders-for-shipping-in-on...

Hope this heps!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you...will give it a try!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

highlight the radio buttons in your items awaiting shipment that you want to ship together

From the top right menu button the says "shipping" select "print shipping labels"

This should take you to a new window that says something like "you have items that can be combined"

Highlight the radio buttons again and pick "combine shipment"

Takes you to a new page that will have you enter in weight, size and method...

You'll probably want to scroll all the way to the right and make sure "show shipping cost" is NOT highlighted.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Do you have combined shipping enabled on ebay selling preferences? When I sell more than one item to the same buyer the sales are automatically combined by ebay. The only time this does not happen is guest accounts in which I have had the same buyer buy more than one item, but because it is a guest account they are not combined by ebay and are paid separately and must be mailed separately for seller protection from INR. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hopefully, you offer free shipping. If not, you might consider reimbursing however much shipping would be appropriate.

I just had that happen to me from another venue: two orders placed the same day, shipped together, and the seller kept the shipping for both. (They were little, tiny, miniature items, so it didn't affect the weight/dimensions of the package.) It was just one of those "eye-roll" moments . . . and I won't buy from her again.

Apologies for bringing it up if you do offer free shipping. Since you're using a posting id, I can't determine whether you do or don't. 🙂
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@lovemypommy wrote:

(This is my posting ID)

Just had a buyer purchase some items in 2 separate transactions. Same address for both. Due to seeing some threads discussing how eBay had changed being able to add the same tracking number to more than 1 purchase, I'm wondering if this is still going on? In the past I was able to put all the items in the same container and just add the same tracking number to all the purchases...hoping that it's still doable.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Yes it is . Tulips 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, robothands... I ended up doing as you suggested and it worked perfectly. Appreciate all the help this community gives!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It was just one of those "eye-roll" moments . . . and I won't buy from her again.

You won't buy from someone again because they didn't give you something that you didn't ask for and they didn't offer?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I'm having the same problem and I never had it before.  It won't let me add a tracking number saying that number is already being used for another purchase.  They are going to the same buyer and I combined shipping for her.  Is anyone else having that problem? 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply