cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent wrong item how to issue refund?

I sent the wrong item to a buyer.  I shipped her the correct item through pirate ship.  She then opened a return and shipped back the wrong item I had sent her.  

How can I close this case without issuing an actual refund as she did receive the correct item?

Thanks for the help!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can't. Your buyer can and must, and must do it within 48 hours of you 'receiving the item' or ebay will automatically pay back the buyer and ding you for them having to do it. More than likely that will not happen in time (buyer closing return) so you need to 

1.) Refund the buyer

2.) Have buyer pay you back (either buy something else for 'over the amount' (you revise listing) or paypal you the $ or.....

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

After customer opened "return request" you are required to give her a full refund.   EBAY return system is automated and will not close until you make the refund.   If you refuse to refund money "EBAY will force a refund" and give  you a "defect" on your account.

You should have asked customer to re-purchase the correct item (that way both transactions are separate and through EBAY).  

Sometimes being a nice guy does not work out in your favor...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply