cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send money to family and friends VS pay for goods and services

Differences between the two? Send to family and friends doesn't have an address attached to it correct?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Send money to family and friends VS pay for goods and services

@musthavethisnow2011 wrote:

Differences between the two? Send to family and friends doesn't have an address attached to it correct?

Why are you asking?

I'll answer with scam about to happen.

If you provide more details, someone will come along with more infomation,

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Paying for goods and services, you should retain paypal buyer protection, as long as certain info. like item # is provided by seller, and the form specifies goods rather than services.

Send to family and friends is to be used ONLY to send money to family or friends, obviously no "buyer protection".

Edit: an address would be attached to the payment b/c the person to whom you're sending the money has a paypal account that has a billing address and other personal info. The IP address would also be "attached" whether sender or recipient can see it or not.

You shouldn't pay for an item listed on ebay via either of those options, but through ebay checkout. You cannot ask a potential buyer to pay for an item outside of ebay's checkout system.

Agree, sounds like a scam waiting to happen. If the seller is asking you to pay this way, don't buy the item, whatever it is. W/out knowing more, it is impossible to know what ebay accepted payments policy applies to the sale. You should pay cash for local pick-up and under no circumstances pay for a vehicle through paypal.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Send money to family/friends has NO PROTECTION for either buyer or seller.

Pay for goods/services has buyer protection and whatever limited seller protection from INR that Paypal offers.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@musthavethisnow2011 wrote:

Send to family and friends doesn't have an address attached to it correct?

Probably not because you already know the addresses of your family and friends so you can go dierctly to them if there's a problem.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@usmc*usnmom wrote:

Send money to family/friends has NO PROTECTION for either buyer or seller.

Pay for goods/services has buyer protection and whatever limited seller protection from INR that Paypal offers.

And 'send money to family/friends' incurs no fees to the recipient, while 'goods/services' does.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Where do I go to send my to a friend??

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

PayPal

Thread from 2015

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Evening,

If you are asking how to send money to friend through Paypal the best person to ask is paypal.

Call them and ask them for help so they can guide you correctly.

Mr C

Message 9 of 9
latest reply