cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Used Items

C'mon sellers - clean up your items. Recently i purchased a used gaming system (it was filthy- and it didn't work anyway). I had to wipe it down before i would touch it. 

I just finished searching for a case for an old ipad and came across one - you could see in the photo how dirty it was.

Three seconds and a damp paper towel could have made the sale. These sellers are giving this platform a bad name.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Selling Used Items

I totally agree.   Clean it before you sell it!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I agree. It is baffling that someone would sell something that needs cleaned, where the value would not be degraded by doing so. But there are no hard and fast rules about this on eBay, with the exception of the Used Clothing policy. Used clothing must be clean to be eligible for listing. But I have seen sellers ignore that rule. As a result, I no longer buy used garments on eBay. Too many disappointments where the condition of the item did not meet reasonable standards of cleanliness. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I also think it is really tacky for someone to sell items that a simple cleaning would make then more presentable. Then again on a selfish basis I am sure some of my items sell before those that the competion has not cleaned.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Agreed. I just sold a used action figure, and before I even packed it up, I used some canned air to get any dust out of the grooves and then went over it with a microfiber cloth to dust the rest of it off. Took me less than one minute to do and I shipped it off nice and shiny and clean.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I sell vintage tools. Many can be restored to very nice condition. I might wipe the dust off but I am not going to do any other cleaning. I let the customer restore it as they see fit.   

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wiping dust off of vintage items is the way to go. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply