cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Limits & eBay terrible customer service

I have been a seller on eBay for almost 25 years.  I have NO major issues and typically am a top seller.  

I finally reached my personal selling limits of $30,000.  I contacted eBay about this and was first told it was because I was suspected of drop shipping (Which I do not do).  I was asked to answer a few questions and that an appeal would be submitted on my behalf by the CSA.  I was told 24-72 hours and I would receive an email.  That was 6 days ago.  

I reached out again today and asked for an update on this.  I was told by this CSR (or at least I think this is what they meant due to an obvious language barrier) that my issue was not being suspected of drop shipping but rather my items don't sell fast enough.  So now I am not allowed to list more items, which eBay will receive revenue from when they sell, because some of my listings are specialized items that need to wait for the right buyer to come along?

Does anyone have any insight about this and tips how to get things increased so I can list the items I have sitting in my "to be listed" pile?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Selling Limits & eBay terrible customer service

Oh God. Don't go poking the bear.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

::General reply::

To find your selling limits go to seller hub>all selling, scroll all the way down to the bottom:  https://www.ebay.com/sh/allselling/listings

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Yea, but we don’t drink until 5pm. So I called. The guy was in the US and kind of confrontational. He said sales were down because we were in a recession…and on, and on, and on. I said I had to disagree, jobs were up, the market is up, etc, etc. I was not productive.  This is not a political post, just a comment by ebay. 🙄

never could find the limits

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Mine says that I have no limits!

I remember reading a long time ago that sellers who have been around a long time don't see their limits but that everyone does have limits.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

If you've been around a long time, you may not have any limits. I could not find mine last year and reached out, they verified I had no limits. 

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Mine says that I have no limits!

I remember reading a long time ago that sellers who have been around a long time don't see their limits but that everyone does have limits.

I used to have a 2 Billion dollar limit lol  Now it says I have no limits on this account.  On my other account it's 250 items and $5000.  I will never, EVER reach the dollar limit on either of these accounts 😄

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Circumventing is hardly the right word.  You do realize that you can click a button to ask for an increase or call Ebay and ask.  

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

If you want to get both a dollar and item number increase, you have to sell.  The best way is to find cheap items and buy them in bulk, but make sure they're a productive item(s)=they sell fast.  I guarantee if you do this you'll be eligible for increases. 

I mention this process because Ebay representatives are telling you that your items sell too slow.  So when you ask for an increase, they're telling you to kick rocks.

When you've gotten some consistent sells, in about a month or two, either apply for the increase via the seller hub button, or by calling Ebay...and no, you won't be circumventing the process (**bleep**).

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@guito wrote:

Yes, I did try that.  It said to contact customer service to request an increase so thats what I did.

Did it also say that you were not eligible to request a limit increase at this time? 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique  

On your Seller Hub > Overview

There is a link way over to the right that reads Customize.

Click that and a table comes up with all things you can put on or take off of your hub. One of those items is your Monthly Limits (I put mine on and see that I have 720 items/$9800 limit).

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I did that yesterday. When I called about limits the guy I spoke with said “apparently you do not have any limits” however it doesn’t matter have had two orders since Saturday.  This is dismal. 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Drop shipping is allowed on Ebay as long as it is from a wholesaler, not a marketplace or retailer like Amazon or Walmart.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping

You have to show consistent sales, stellar service, and experience to be allowed an increase.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply