cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling DIY items

Has anyone had any luck with selling your DIY arts and crafts?

I would like to start selling but unsure about where to list. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Selling DIY items

probably best to give an idea about the kind of thing you might want to list.......

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There are lots of handmade crafts and original art listed on eBay. I'd recommend doing an advanced search for sold listings of the kinds of things you make. That will give you a sense of how well such items sell and the prices they command. 

I've sold many handmade products here. They sell steadily, not necessarily quickly.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

While I sell a lot of DIY type items most of my sales are local since a lot of the items are custom made to order and often out of wood and metal. I could not produce them to customer specifications and ship in a timely manner. They can/would be, in some cases, large and cost prohibitive to pack and ship but I guess  lot of it would be dependent on what you are making and selling. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think a lot depends on what you're selling. There are so many jewellery artisans, for example, that unless the pieces are unique with stunning design features, they'll just get drowned in the zillions of other jewellery listings. If it's unique clothing designs I think there's a better chance. If you're looking at home furnishings, shipping comes into the picture, but, for instance, those sellers on Etsy who still offer handmade furniture items of a very high quality standard sell and have followings. As for other stuff, I just purchased three musical instruments (I play a woodwind drone and they come in single keys, so I end up with several) - two were definitely handcrafted by the individual selling them. One I suspect will be drop shipped from Indonesia, but they have a very high standard of craftsmanship, so I'm cool with it. But I'm not sure I would have looked for them here.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I make adorable handmade gnomes and they don't sell very much, very disappointing so I no longer make anymore new ones, I also make handmade jewelry and necklaces and there a slow sale as well, good thing I sell other niches too or I would be giving it up.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I think it's important to keep creating, though - art and creating are fundamental to life. Perhaps you can turn your talents to something else, or develop the gnomes and jewellery further?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 7
latest reply