cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Not Leaving Feedback

I just want to point out to sellers, if you don't leave feedback for me, after I leave positive feedback for you, then I never purchase from you again, EVER.  

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Sellers Not Leaving Feedback

@touchdownarkansas wrote:

Fine by me. Feedback is not required and is not part of the transaction. It is no longer used by ebay to rate sellers. Thanks.

I think maybe you have the Bill and Hillary way of addressing matters.Just close your eyes and pretend you're invisible! "I did not have se............"

You better bet your bippy that sellers ARE rated by their feedback.

Message 91 of 101
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@phanoto wrote:
If feedback for buyers is eliminated, there will be nothing that sellers can do regarding feedback for buyers.  Therefore, I will do NOTHING.  I would be satisfied if there were no feedback for buyers.  Although it would cause buyers to leave less feedback in good transactions.  About 20% of buyers would leave feedback. 

How did you determine your 20% estimate?

@phanoto: How did you determine your 20% estimate?

Message 92 of 101
latest reply

@phanoto: How did you determine your 20% estimate?

About 20% of my customers leave feedback on another site where sellers cannot leave feedback.  Also, the "Norm of reciprocity"  says that sellers as a group get more feedback if they leave feedback.  About 60% of my customers on eBay leave feedback.

The  "Norm of reciprocity"  is different for different groups.  The 20% is from my personal experience and is not from scientific evidence.  However, the principles of reciprocity show it is an undisputed FACT that if one group does something for another group, more people from the second group will do the same or a similar thing for members of the other group. 

It is not that I think it is important for me to let sellers know  they will get more feedback if they leave more feedback.   It is just one of the facts that might be of interest to someone.  And, it is one more good reason for sellers to leave feedback. 

Message 93 of 101
latest reply

Not by ebay they aren't. It is all about delivery timing now(metrics on seller dashboard).Cat Happy

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 94 of 101
latest reply

"The two are inextricably tied together, lack of feedback and his thoughts that sellers don't care."

That is true. 

I am like those sellers who prefer that their good customers AND their bad customers do not think that the seller doesn't care whether the buyer wants feedback or not. 

I CERTAINLY do not want my bad customers to think I don't care about what they want if the customer has not left feedback yet. 

Message 95 of 101
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

"The two are inextricably tied together, lack of feedback and his thoughts that sellers don't care."

That is true. 

I am like those sellers who prefer that their good customers AND their bad customers do not think that the seller doesn't care whether the buyer wants feedback or not. 

And yet you said this:  I would certainly not leave feedback to one of my customers who behaved badly if the customer had already left feedback.  Of course, if the customer had not left feedback, I would not want to inform the customer that he/she had behaved badly.  Customers who think the seller would like to give a negative are more likely to be displeased with the seller because of that.

I CERTAINLY do not want my bad customers to think I don't care about what they want if the customer has not left feedback yet. 

Message 96 of 101
latest reply

And yet you said this:  

I would certainly not leave feedback to one of my customers who behaved badly if the customer had already left feedback.  Of course, if the customer had not left feedback, I would not want to inform the customer that he/she had behaved badly.  Customers who think the seller would like to give a negative are more likely to be displeased with the seller because of that.

Yes, that is something that never happens now.  I never have a customer who behaved badly, had not left feedback, and I had not left feedback after negatives for buyers were eliminated in May 2008.  

But, if that ever happens, I would not want to leave feedback thanking the customer if the customer had behaved badly. 

Message 97 of 101
latest reply

"The only thing important about buyer feedback is the feedback the buyer LEAVES for their sellers. This says a lot about the buyer in many cases."

Yes, I believe that is correct.  I wonder why so many sellers think feedback for buyers is so important that they will not leave feedback for a buyer who might do something bad?

"ALL buyers - the good, the bad, the ugly and the worst scammers on Ebay - get positive feedback. Ebay made it that way in 2008. "

Yes.  I wonder why some sellers are reluctant to leave feedback for a buyer who may do something to cheat the seller after the seller leaves feedback?  Maybe those sellers think that one more positive feedback for the buyer would make other sellers think the buyer never does anything wrong.

Message 98 of 101
latest reply

"l don't know why buyers crave feedback."

Buyers want feedback so sellers will feel more comfortable selling to them.

Usually, buyers do not care if they get more feedback or not.  But they dislike the  fact that the seller would not give feedback even if the buyer wanted it. 

I don't leave feedback as soon as getting paid - because in my mind the transaction is not over until you receive it and are happy with it.

I  have seen many sellers who do not want to leave feedback until they are fairly sure the transaction is over.   It is all right for sellers to wait until the transaction is over before they leave feedback.  I am just wondering why a seller would want the transaction to be over before leaving feedback.

Message 99 of 101
latest reply

It can be annoying, but don't let it bother you.
Message 100 of 101
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 101 of 101
latest reply