cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Not Leaving Feedback

I just want to point out to sellers, if you don't leave feedback for me, after I leave positive feedback for you, then I never purchase from you again, EVER.  

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Sellers Not Leaving Feedback

@ja_sara wrote:

I just want to point out to sellers, if you don't leave feedback for me, after I leave positive feedback for you, then I never purchase from you again, EVER.  

Are you hear for feedback or to buy things? You can ONLY get positive feedback, so once you're over 1, it's pointless.

I just want to point out that I have feedback automated to be left as soon as you pay. However, you won't get that chance now. Thank you for posting.

Message 31 of 101
latest reply

OP, what are you and the phan going to do when ebay gets rid of feedback for buyers in the next year or two?

(*Bleep*)
Message 32 of 101
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

OP, what are you and the phan going to do when ebay gets rid of feedback for buyers in the next year or two?

Since you asked what am I (phan) going to do, I will try to explain.

If feedback for buyers is eliminated, there will be nothing that sellers can do regarding feedback for buyers.  Therefore, I will do NOTHING.  I would be satisfied if there were no feedback for buyers.  Although it would cause buyers to leave less feedback in good transactions.  About 20% of buyers would leave feedback. 

Also, it will no longer be possible for a seller to choose to leave no feedback for certain buyers as they do now.  Therefore, there will no longer be some buyers who are offended by not receiving feedback. 

Message 33 of 101
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

Since you asked what am I (phan) going to do, I will try to explain.

If feedback for buyers is eliminated, there will be nothing that sellers can do regarding feedback for buyers.  Therefore, I will do NOTHING.  I would be satisfied if there were no feedback for buyers.  Although it would cause buyers to leave less feedback in good transactions.  About 20% of buyers would leave feedback. 

Also, it will no longer be possible for a seller to choose to leave no feedback for certain buyers as they do now.  Therefore, there will no longer be some buyers who are offended by not receiving feedback. 

Are your factoids supposed to scare ebay sellers?

I operate on another site that has no feedback for buyers and there are no problems.  Whatever ebay decides to do, no one can do anything to change it, the users just learn to like it and keep using ebay.

(*Bleep*)
Message 34 of 101
latest reply

They're not even factoids, they're made up, they're her opinion. 

Message 35 of 101
latest reply

@ja_sara wrote:

Hmm...I wonder how many BBLs you made.

Message 36 of 101
latest reply

@ja_sara wrote:

Ahhhh, yeah?  So?

Guess what?  Today's Tuesday, and it won't be Tuesday again until next week! 

Since this is ebay, I just wanted to point out something else equally as important.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 37 of 101
latest reply

@phanoto wrote:

How did you determine your 20% estimate?

Message 38 of 101
latest reply

@ki_korners wrote:

@ja_sara wrote:

It should be none. No idea why you have even mentioned it.

I don't see why anyone should block the op just because they have decided not to repeat buy from sellers that don't leave feedback.

And those that say buyer feedback is meaningless, well maybe it is meaningless to them that say it, but it's not meaningless to the op, or other buyers that feel the same.

Message 39 of 101
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

@ki_korners wrote:

@ja_sara wrote:

I don't see why anyone should block the op just because they have decided not to repeat buy from sellers that don't leave feedback.

And those that say buyer feedback is meaningless, well maybe it is meaningless to them that say it, but it's not meaningless to the op, or other buyers that feel the same.

A buyer comes onto a forum geared mostly towards sellers and starts insulting people and telling them if they don't want to leave feedback they might as well stop selling, then proceeding to say that they would refuse to buy from someone if they don't leave feedback, regardless of any circumstances.

That's gonna ruffle a few feathers, and considering there's over 500 views on the OP, I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1/4 of those have a new name attached to their BBL.

Frankly, for every 5 sales I make, I usually only get 1, if any, feedback. So it works both ways, and I leave feedback on all sales once the tracking shows delivered.

Bigmotormania
Message 40 of 101
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

@ki_korners wrote:

@ja_sara wrote:

Because the buyer sounds like a trouble maker. I have no interest in buyers needing a pat on the back. Maybe the sellers that didn't leave him feedback thought he wasn't such a great buyer and didn't want to leave a positive which is all that is allowed.

Message 41 of 101
latest reply

A buyer comes onto a forum geared mostly towards sellers and starts insulting people and telling them if they don't want to leave feedback they might as well stop selling, then proceeding to say that they would refuse to buy from someone if they don't leave feedback, regardless of any circumstances.

That's gonna ruffle a few feathers,

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a seller and it hasn't ruffled my feathers at all, it would take way more than anything the op has said.

Calm down sellers, be cool like me. sunglasses

Message 42 of 101
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

That's gonna ruffle a few feathers,

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a seller and it hasn't ruffled my feathers at all, it would take way more than anything the op has said.

Calm down sellers, be cool like me. sunglasses

Everyone is different. Some people prefer not to do business with toxic people who may come back to do harm to their business. 

Just because you don't have a problem with toxic members of the community doesn't mean other people shouldn't. 

Bigmotormania
Message 43 of 101
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife wrote:

Leaving 100's of generic feed backs as a seller shows there is no heart in it.

Really? I leave all my buyers the same thank you message when I print the shipping label.  I must be heartless. Smiley Sad

Bad me, bad me!

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 44 of 101
latest reply

Personally I wait to give buyers feedback until after they receive the item they have purchased. I want to wait and make sure it's delivered. Transaction & order complete. Then I leave feedback. This way if there is a problem with the order etc.. I can resolve it with my customer first. Generally that rarely happens, feel free to check out my feedback if you like.

Message 45 of 101
latest reply