cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge for NOVEMBER Happy Holiday Sales All!

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge November 2018 Edition

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

October Thread Here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-October-2018/m-p/29034645#M1295879

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Scrounge Lounge for NOVEMBER Happy Holiday Sales All!

Sellers, check your eBay messages again. 100 freebies through Monday.
Message 76 of 160
latest reply

I did not get that message Kyal. Ebay sends the freebies to a select number of people.
Message 77 of 160
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up Kyal. But I didn't get the offer either.

I was just looking something up on ebay (for research) and all pictures have disappeared. LOL. I'm hoping it's a glitch from updating my anti-virus (pics were there prior to update). Fingers crossed a reboot will fix it.

M*M, I read your Survivor review before watching the episode, but couldn't remember who was who and enjoyed the show regardless. What a priceless eviction. Great game by the David's. Did they know Dan had an idol? I know some people did but I thought they were Goliath. Maybe not. Splitting the vote was smart. Gotta love a good blindside. I like Christian. Didn't want to see him go. Nothing against John but the way it played out was g-r-e-a-t

Feels like Saturday.
Don't know why.
Message 78 of 160
latest reply

I saw that offer, two days ago, clicked on it and it said it was already activated! straaaange.
Message 79 of 160
latest reply

Kay, glad I didn't mess up the surprise for you too much. I figure you all watch it on Wednesday. Anyway, the only ppl that knew about Dan's idol were Kara and that other Italian girl that got evicted. Ya that was a wowzer blindside.
Message 80 of 160
latest reply

Hey guys I have a favor to ask..

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but a person emailed me asking for a quote to ship an item to them 1st class...

I went to the usps web site & put in the info but it sure seems awfully high to me....

Can one of you go in & see if you get the same price as me?  It showed me $8.27 for a 13 oz. package..

Shipping from 46845 to zip 97526

I know there's a little discount when printing labels through E, but just want to see if you guys are getting the same price as I am..

Thanks--

Will check back in in a little while...  

Message 81 of 160
latest reply

That's because the online calculate a price at usps only shows Priority as there's no FCP above 13 oz retail price.

FCP is the same price per weight wherever it goes (for now at least, it's going to be zoned after the rates go up in Jan next year).

So FCP from anywhere to anywhere in the US for 13 oz will be $4.10 for an online label through ebay
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 82 of 160
latest reply

MyJunque--

Thanks so much for answering.  It was showing that high price to me & I knew it had to be lower...

Have a great day!

Message 83 of 160
latest reply

I must be having 1 of those days...

Is anyone else having trouble trying to print their mailing labels through eBay???

I click on print shipping label but after I put the info in, it doesn't continue so I can print it..

Ugh....  Calgon.... Take me away!! 

Message 84 of 160
latest reply

I have had that happen and had to go to the shipping labels page ??? I think ????? then find the shipping label and then go and print or went to the order detail page then it would let you print the label. Really pain in the shorts.
Message 85 of 160
latest reply

Thank you Sun.  So far this morning it's working normal.  Hopefully it was just a glitch yesterday late afternoon.

Message 86 of 160
latest reply

Hello-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

it's so quiet in here there's an echo 😛
Message 87 of 160
latest reply

We stuck gold Saturday. Nice to see an old-fashioned bidding war.

I'm trying to get all my Christmas stuff listed, though no one seems to want it. I thought lots would be a good way to unload it but despite watchers there are no nibblers. I'll keep plugging away for now. I don't have the time or the boxes to start listing ornaments one or a few at a time.

Who's cooking tomorrow?
Not me. My aunt (that we yard sale with) has taken over. This is year three, I think. I'm in charge of pies, which are purchased and sitting on my kitchen table.

Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day.

Message 88 of 160
latest reply

DSCN0807.JPG DSCN0820.JPG 

DSCN0813.JPG DSCN0832.JPG 

I did find these pretty little birds this weekend. Bottom left is Japan, not sure about the others.

Message 89 of 160
latest reply

Hi, I have never posted here only read through the thread. I want to compliment you and every poster on this thread for how uplifting and positive it is. I have never come across more positive threads than this one. Each of you seem to be like family, helping each other through good and bad. Am not trying to get any kudos or sales (lol), just been meaning to send this note for a long time. Thank you all for being so positive and helpful. Love reading the ins and outs and it gives me a more positive outlook every time I visit here. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 90 of 160
latest reply