cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$$ Scrounge Lounge (Stay Warm in) February 2019 $$$

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge February 2019 Edition

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 209
latest reply
208 REPLIES 208

Re: $$$ Scrounge Lounge (Stay Warm in) February 2019 $$$

Thanks for the congrats.
Paid, packed and shipped. I'm a happy camper.

Bob, nice to see you.

Patd, travel was the first thing put on hold without a steady income. But DH will be working soon, a seasonal job. If he isn't working come next winter and I can continue to maintain some sales here, heading south for a month might be something to consider for next year.

Hit a couple estate sales this morning. Nothing good. DH picked up a screw driver and a few quarts of motor oil. That's it.

Message 121 of 209
latest reply

HI Bob Great to see you. Miss you being here and visiting. Stop by more often. Hope life is going well. Are you still out there selling stuff??
Message 122 of 209
latest reply

And it's easy enough to tinker with your settings. Nobody from outside the U.S. has asked me a question for years now.
Message 123 of 209
latest reply

Hi Sun! All is going well. Been doing a lot of work on the house. I'm still selling but at a far smaller scale and I've almost eliminated all the glassware.  

Hope all is well with you. 

Message 124 of 209
latest reply

Mornin' All

Hey Bob! Believe it or not, you popped into my head just yesterday!  Our brainwaves are synchronized.   Isn't that something!

Good to see you and thanks for the condolences.  Glad things are good!. working on the house and glass be gone! haha

Yes, Patd, I've read about those electric heat tubes....I'm sure it's not cheap these days but I could check out availability, if they sell them in stores, in search all you get are contractors to install.   I did think of someone I can contact to at least shovel out back. I was driving around yesterday a bit and looking at roofs, lots of ice dams all over. 

It freaks me out....that would be a disaster to have a cave in, cancel that thought!

Bummer on the end of the family line when you're gone.  That's sad. I thought you had kids? 

So glad SURVIVOR starts this week!  BB wasn't interesting to me after Tom left. 😞 but I watched it nevertheless.  Looks like the person who needed the money the most won, so that's good. 

Message 125 of 209
latest reply

Bob Well that is good getting that glassware sold. Your house should be in great condition with all the work you have done on it. Seems like a never ending struggle to keep things fixed up.

We are all doing fine. Kids are done with collage and have good jobs so all is well.
Message 126 of 209
latest reply

MM I sure hope you can find someone to get that snow off your roof and melt that ice. Maybe your driveway guy could do it or would know someone that could do it for you. Sounds like a job someone should be doing in your town. All those roofs with ice on them. Not good.
Message 127 of 209
latest reply

Bathroom remodel, all new plumbing in the house (plus hot water heater) and a few rooms painted thus far. Working from the upstairs down. Hallway and stairwell get painted next then on to getting the laundry area set up and dishwasher and vent added to the kitchen (along with a new stove and microwave vent for over the stove). 

Nice that the kids finished school and have landed good jobs! I'm getting close to wanting to be done at least in terms of current career. Would be nice to retire soon. Thinking I still have to go another 5 years though.

Message 128 of 209
latest reply

Bob Hope you can retire in 5 years and have some fun traveling or whatever you want to do during your retirement. that is a lot of renovating. Bet your house looks wonderful.
Message 129 of 209
latest reply

Sounds very nice Bob!   That's a lot of updates, new appliances, plumbing, paint. Nice!

I agree Sun, someone could make a fortune here deicing dams...doubt anyone wants to lol!  My snow plow guy was here last night again...and more snow coming.   I wanted to ask him to shovel the back patio but....more $$$ shelled out. 

I went over to my nephew's yesterday and he said he'd come over today and "Do Something" with the ice. If I put my shovel out there, he might just do that too! xxxx fingers he gets the hint. I may be gone when he gets here, have to work at noon.  Time will tell.  

Message 130 of 209
latest reply

Hey M*M, hope you get your ice dams taken care of and patio snow, too.

Yes, you are right.  We have 2 adult children, one with no kids and one with a daughter.

What I meant was we are the last of our generation in our families.  Have some cousins but they are much younger.

Patd

Message 131 of 209
latest reply

MM    Great your nephew is going to come help you.    

Patd hope you are surviving all that rain.   Hope you are having sales to pack up.   Our families are ending also.   No boys to carry the names forward.    Some distant cousins but no one around here.  Very sad but the way it is. 

Message 132 of 209
latest reply

Another "100 listings for a nickel each" offer. Problem is, I have to burn through all my free listings to get to them.
Message 133 of 209
latest reply

Kyal Last time I accepted an offer of listings for 5 cents each they took from the 5 cent ones instead of the ones purchased with my store. So have you tried listing something new after accepting the offer?

Did you know that the bomber jacket only has one picture?
Message 134 of 209
latest reply

I accepted the offer this morning and will list a couple of new things tonight. I'll let you know if they take from freebies or nickels.

And thanks for the heads-up on the jacket. I'm really bad about listing, then not going back and checking.
Message 135 of 209
latest reply