cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[][][] Scrounge Lounge - Holiday Season 2021 [][][]

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge 

Gearing up for the Holiday Season. How are sales? What's working (or not working) for you?

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 18 years ago in 2003.
We appreciate eBay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board.

Who are we? eBay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: [][][] Scrounge Lounge - Holiday Season 2021 [][][]

I sell used automotive parts. Nothing you would want for Christmas for sure! But I will never understand why November and December are typically my biggest selling months. Last month was a record month for me and this month at halfway seems to be even better.   

Message 31 of 60
latest reply

I hope everyone is is ok after storms last night. Kyal are you ok there?

Judy

Message 32 of 60
latest reply

Forward-motion, congrats on the record sales. 

Judy, I was just coming in to see if Kyal posted.

4:02 a.m. (was that pacific time?) 

Those tornadoes were unreal. Kyal give a shout out so we know you're okay.

Message 33 of 60
latest reply

Tornadoes were the worst Kentucky has ever had.  Lasted four hours and covered a couple hundred miles, on and off.  Much worse in western KY where my wife’s family lives.   Most of the footage I’ve seen is from a town called Mayfield (not to be confused with Maysville, which is where I live, and well over 300 miles away), which is maybe a half hour from them. By design or chance, they were in Memphis, so they missed it.  All we got here was torrential rain and maybe 40 mph winds for most of the night.  

One county (Warren) had 500 homes and 100 businesses destroyed.   It’s one of the larger counties out there, home of Western Kentucky University and the Corvette Museum.  Here’s a factoid. Several of the cars at the museum fell into a sinkhole a few years back, but were recovered.  That region is “karstic” with lots of porous limestone, and close to Mammoth Cave.

At last count, over 70 lives lost in total (as of yesterday evening, I haven’t checked today.  A very rough night, but I don’t personally know anyone who was affected. 

Message 34 of 60
latest reply

Kyal it’s good to hear you all are okay and family is ok. I did confuse the two towns and thought you might be affected. We should all be thankful for family and friends.

It’s hard to imagine what those poor people are going through. 

Message 35 of 60
latest reply

Kyal, thank you for checking in so quickly and for the news update. I'm glad you and your family are okay. So sad for all those who are affected. As devastating as things look on news footage, I'm sure it doesn't begin to tell the real story. 

Message 36 of 60
latest reply

Many times tragedy brings out the best in people.  

Even though they’re on opposite sides of the Commonwealth, one of Mayfield High School’s biggest football rival is a school called Beechwood. Several hundred miles away.   Within 36 hours, Beechwood HS had a semi trailer full of supplies in downtown Mayfield. 

Message 37 of 60
latest reply

Kyal, I agree, wholeheartedly that tragedy brings out the best in people. Sad that it takes so much to see how good humanity can be when working for the common good. But heartwarming to see so many, including rivals, coming to the aid of those in need.

I have a priority package going in circles in Colorado.  Aurora, Co, to Denver, back to Aurora, then across the mountains to Grand Junction, now back in Denver. Fingers crossed Eaton is the next stop.

So far, the buyer has a good attitude. But if it doesn't get there by Christmas that could change.

All my first-class packages have made good time. 

Message 38 of 60
latest reply

2.jpg

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas

Message 39 of 60
latest reply

Merry Christmas Everyone.    Hope you have a good safe holiday.     

We are having a dinner on Sunday.    Worked best for everyones schedule.   

Patd are you out there.    Hope all is well with you and all the other missing people.   MM   we miss you.    Northwest we miss you too.    Hope you are hangin in there.    All the others I have not forgotten you.   Wish everyone a Happy Holiday and a good New Year.  

Message 40 of 60
latest reply

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, all. After a CV scare (got good news today), daughter and SIL will be here tomorrow. My much better half is setting a high food standard. Shrimp cocktail, rack of lamb, country ham, smoked turkey breast and potatoes, scalloped cabbage, green beans and a local delicacy, transparent pie.   

In the immortal words words of Rachael Ray, yummo. 

Message 41 of 60
latest reply

Hope everyone had a great Christmas... and a Happy New Year to you all.  

The weather is wierd this year.  Here in the Pacific NW, we got about 6 inches of snow and are in freezing (leave your fauchts dripping) weather.   

In Nebraska (mom is visiting family there), they have no snow yet.  LOL

Message 42 of 60
latest reply

Hope everyone is happy, healthy and safe this New Year's Eve.

Message 43 of 60
latest reply

Here’s hoping all the scrounges have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2022!

Message 44 of 60
latest reply

Happy New Year everyone.  stay safe out there.  we have about two inches of snow today and about three below for temps.

Message 45 of 60
latest reply