cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers Scammers Scammers

Wow 2021 for my account is the year of one scammer after another.

Buy an item thru the scam managed payment then file a dispute with there credit card.

Then Scam bay makes a free $20. Scammer gets refund and item.

I read about this over and over on this board and now it's my turn.

So Goodbye scam bay. You let your scam buyers Rip me off then you charge $20. Do scam bay doesn't feel left out.

eBay Scammer of the year !!!!!👍

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Scammers Scammers Scammers

Not sure on your specific issues, but it is starting to seem like the Summer of the Scammer.

We could use a lifeboat, e-Bay. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@etxj_36 wrote:

Wow 2021 for my account is the year of one scammer after another.

Buy an item thru the scam managed payment then file a dispute with there credit card.

Then Scam bay makes a free $20. Scammer gets refund and item.

I read about this over and over on this board and now it's my turn.

So Goodbye scam bay. You let your scam buyers Rip me off then you charge $20. Do scam bay doesn't feel left out.

So how many times has it happened to you?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@etxj_36 wrote:

then you charge $20. Do scam bay doesn't feel left out.

The $20 fee eBay charges when you lose a credit card chargeback is the same $20 fee PayPal has charged for the past 20 years.

In both cases the $20 goes to the credit card company, it is NOT kept by eBay (or PayPal).

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I suppose ebay has to do something to keep the CC companies from raising their rate for running charges (as MOR).

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@etxj_36 

How is it any different then when Pay Pal processed the payments, they charged you $20 on charge backs also.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Oh, it's ok, then.  Thanks for clearing that for us.  We feel much better, now!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

All of the credit card companies charge the scam-ee an extra $20 for losing a chargeback.   It's supposed to be a fee for screwing something up, but ... yeah well.  It's one reason a lot of sellers just cave on refunds; they pretty much automatically lose a chargeback and better to lose $x.xx and your item than $X.xx, your item and $20 on top for the crime of doing everything right.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yep has happened to me a few times. more so in recent months. you could call up your bank on that eBay chargeback fee and " Double chargeback" in theory but i wouldn't p-ss eBay off

better to file a police report for the missing item 

usps mail fraud case

then send document to eBay and ask them to remove the chargeback

only if the item was not returned to you

this will get these buyers off eBay for good

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Oh **bleep**, I've seen so many related issues in the community now & they just leave like you because they are **bleep** off of scamming! woh!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

What you see on the boards is likely a small sampling of what is happening on the thousands of daily transactions.  

It does seem as though there is a platform "shift" where just about any category or item value threshold is vulnerable.

Hopefully, soon e-Bay will work to address differently, or if they are addressing, they will share how they are.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 11
latest reply