cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales tax

Is anyone else shocked by the sudden collection of sales taxes on purchases now from any state? Is this someone’s idea of a tax cut?

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Sales tax

it is not right to charge for tax on a used item!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also if you only sell 20 items a year your not a business seller and it's not to be taxed ...do you go to a garage sale and pay taxes on used items?? bull **bleep** this is highway robbery 

Message 91 of 111
latest reply

bonjourami!!!

do you go to a garage sale and pay taxes on used items?
please I will give you my address to shop till you drop i will charge you taxes on my used items!!!!!

Everything in life goes up not on used underwear for sale

Message 92 of 111
latest reply

@markula! ,

Do you realize that it is the state to which your items are being shipped that is charging this tax? Contact your state legislators with your complaints. They enacted this law.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 93 of 111
latest reply

In the state where you have your online purchases delivered, are there thrift shops like Goodwill or antique shops?

If so, I would be willing to bet that those stores are being required to charge buyers state sales tax on what they are selling, which is probably at least 80% used merchandise.  

The tax is charged on the transaction, not the item.

Message 94 of 111
latest reply

If you advertise your items on Ebay, sell them,ship them, and pay fees for that sale, you are a business. And you are paying sales tax on the internet transaction,used, new,...whatever..

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 95 of 111
latest reply

Translation: "I don't like something... I know!.. Orange man is bad! .. Yeah that has to be it. Hey everyone! I'm being brave and edgy! Orange man is bad amiright?"

..You TDS sufferers would be laughable if you weren't so dangerous.

"It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant. It's just that they know so much, that isn't so." -RR
Message 96 of 111
latest reply

no, my friend
my local store does not charge tax you may visit any SEMI Salvation Army Store location and receive the Tax Exempt status "FREE FROM TAX" USED UNDERWEAR NO TAX that is how eBay should be on used items !!!!!!!!!!!!
I just was at my local Salvation Army THEY DO NOT CHARGE TAX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 97 of 111
latest reply

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol you are so funny lol no you are not a business lol

if you advertise your items on Ebay, sell them,ship them, and pay fees for that sale, you are a business. And you are paying sales tax on the internet transaction,used, new,...whatever..

you are not a business
Message 98 of 111
latest reply

"Who keeps voting for these people to tax us!??"

Just as a wild guess, I'd say it's the voters in your state.  

Message 99 of 111
latest reply

What state are you in? And, if your SA is not charging state sales tax, but your WalMart, CVS, Macy's does, then, sorry to say, but the SA is breaking the law.  

Message 100 of 111
latest reply

ebay
Message 101 of 111
latest reply

@markula! wrote:
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol you are so funny lol no you are not a business lol

if you advertise your items on Ebay, sell them,ship them, and pay fees for that sale, you are a business. And you are paying sales tax on the internet transaction,used, new,...whatever..

you are not a business

According to the federal and all state governments you ARE a business, whether licensed or not:

business. n. any activity or enterprise entered into for profit. It does not mean it is a company, a corporation, partnership, or have any such formal organization, but it can range from a street peddler to General Motors.

Message 102 of 111
latest reply

lookup online
I am talking about used stuff my friend

info please read I never talk about brand new my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do thrift stores charge sales tax?
State sales tax laws differ with respect to thrift stores in general and nonprofit thrift stores in particular. Generally, taxable goods sold at retail by a nonprofit are subject to sales tax, but that's not always the case.

where I live no tax at out SA and eBay should follow suit on USED ITEMS
IF I have a garage sale 5 times a year and sell 1,0000s of items charge no tax I am not a business my friend "YOU NEED A BUSINESS LICENCE FOR THAT" I SHOULD KNOW I OWN 3
Message 103 of 111
latest reply

LOL
Message 104 of 111
latest reply

thank you for your help on the tax issue😎

Message 105 of 111
latest reply