cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales tax

Is anyone else shocked by the sudden collection of sales taxes on purchases now from any state? Is this someone’s idea of a tax cut?

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Sales tax

You are thanking yourself? Ok. You are the hilarious one,very entertaining posts.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 106 of 111
latest reply

I live in Oregon were we have no sales tax. I sold item that is going to Washington St. They do have sales tax. Why as a seller am I paying a tax? Shouldn't the buyer be paying the Tax?

Message 107 of 111
latest reply

The buyer IS paying the tax.

Message 108 of 111
latest reply

@turbostang2019 wrote:
I live in Oregon were we have no sales tax. I sold item that is going to Washington St. They do have sales tax. Why as a seller am I paying a tax? Shouldn't the buyer be paying the Tax?

The buyer is paying the sales tax.  Why do you think that you, the seller is paying it?  Of course, depending on your state's income tax laws, you may have to account for the money collected by eBay as sales tax to make sure that you aren't charged income tax on the amount.  That, by the way, holds true for your federal income tax as well.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 109 of 111
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Collecting Fees and commission on the new State Sales tax.

Ebay and PayPal collects Fees and commission on the new State Sales tax.

Example:

Item sold for $100

Assume State Sales Tax is 10%.  The sales tax would be $10; the total order would be $110

Assume PP collects 3.5%, PP will collect $3.85

Assume Ebay collects 10%, Ebay will collect $11.00

Seller will receive net $110- $3.85-$11.00 = $95.15

PP will deduct the sales tax ($10) from the net proceedings for the states to collect.

Net proceedings for the seller would be $95.15- $10 (sales tax) = $85.15

If sales tax collected and passed to states w/o Fees and commission, Net proceedings for the seller would be $ 100 - $3.50-$10.00 = $86.50

There is $1.35 difference that Ebay and PayPal profiting from new Sales State tax when Ebay and PayPal only collecting sales tax and passing it thru.

This is worth looking into for class action law suit.

Message 110 of 111
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 111 of 111
latest reply