cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales still dropping

I haven't seen many posts about slowing sales lately .  Wondering if people are still suffering through some dropped sales numbers.  I'm down 60% from 2017, despite the "help" from the ebay seller health team.  Sales have actually gotten worse since they started suggesting "improvements".  I'm pretty frustrated with the help I get from ebay, or lack of help.  Sales are a 3 year low even though listing have been increased substantially.   I'm hoping eBay can figure out how to fix this.   And before the cheerleaders start chiming in about, economy, problems with my listings, pricing etc... I'm an authorized dealer on all parts I sell and many have MAP pricing, and I'm not having issues at other platforms.  Yes I have inventory and don't dropship from Amazon. 

Would like to hear other people comments, trying to figure out if ebay just shut me off LOL

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Sales still dropping

Down 44% in the last 30 days

Down 12% from same time last year

I do not drop ship nor do I sell seasonal items.    That is on one account.  The other which is clothes mostly is about the same as posted above.

Rich 

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

There have been threads about slow sales and many of us are suffering from it - but the other sites I'm selling on are very slow too. I just had 3 sales today which I'm grateful for. Checking some of the vloggers I follow - all their sales are down. 

Many of us took a big hit with the market dropping a few weeks back and are sitting still waiting for things to bounce back a bit before making purchases.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

It just seems like I used to read alot of threads about slow sales, I like to read them to help validate the issues I've had.  Many have disappeared, or I don't seem them as often.  

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

I was down all December and then up for January - go figure.   We have been sending more stuff to consignment sales to get rid of the kid's outgrown stuff faster.  Since we are on the East Coast some of the first class prices have gone up more than 50% to the West Coast.  Not fun.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Yep. Sales here are down, down, down. I’ve made a grand total of 3 sales in 2 weeks. And let me say, this has never happened to me before. Not even a fraction close to how bad this is. Plus, I’m not even getting offers on anything either. Item views are at a complete standstill too. 

I don’t know what’s happening, but I think we can all agree it’s BAD. I’ve always had good January sales until this year.

Last year, my sales dropped 50% or more in April through September. I had to double my number of listings to make the same amount last year as I did in 2017. Actually, I made less in 2018 with double the listings by several thousand dollars. 

However, I do think something weird is going on the past few weeks. I’m almost inclined to think there has been some kind of site wide system or algorithm change again because what I’m experiencing is WAY outside the norm of the business ups and downs. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Well to be honest, things have been slow with my Ebay sales for about a year compared to what they used to be.  I really think you are not hearing much because Ebay has "shed" a lot of its sellers and I really think people are exhausted about lacking sales here.  There has not been much chatter period on here.  People that used to have high posting numbers, had 17 thumbs up last week when they used to be 150 or higher.

I made a post a few weeks back about how the lack of chatter on these boards is the prelude of what is to become of Ebay.  DEAD DEAD DEAD

Not wishing this because I love Ebay, but things are not healthy here, and honestly I am blue in the face talking about it.  And if you do the Ebay Cheerleaders will beat you down and have you put on the list of the all seeing eye here like the people who moderate the boards and I'm done with that too.

Rich

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Down 45% compared to the same period last year. Dreadful numbers since last August. Just getting worse.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@caninekopz wrote:

Down 44% in the last 30 days

Down 12% from same time last year

I do not drop ship nor do I sell seasonal items.    That is on one account.  The other which is clothes mostly is about the same as posted above.

Honestly, I would have assumed you were a dropshipper just from looking at your listings and the large number of stock photos that you use.  I wonder if that might not be hurting your sales, as a lot of buyers don't like dropshippers and try to avoid them.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Someone else has mentioned I look like a drop shipper, but I assure I am not.  I buy all the time from folks who have MFG photos and I really don't care as long as I get it when promised.  We also have a retail store which has no bearing on this conversation other than we get a lot of MFG supplied new items in good packaging.  Not real sure why MFG photos matter except if there is damage or other issues.  But to put this in perspective, I have always used MFG photos where product is new and unopened so not so sure why that would make a difference now.  I really don't think that has much to do with sales drops as I am just not getting the views I used to.  I even unlisted almost every item I had and then re-listed (costing me a bit to do so) to try to freshen up thinking that some of the stagnant items were buried due to inactivity........for the first week sales went way up....5-6 hundred dollars a day, then boom back to flat line.  Who knows anymore.  Thanks though.

Rich 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Google stopped showing eBay Listings back in  2018.  If you do searches on Google you will not see any eBay links at all.  eBay using search configurations, that Google doesn't like.  So Google cut eBay off.  

Change the channel!
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

My sales come and go in cycles. I do notice that somehow I end up paying similar invoice totals  via sales and basic store fee from month to month. It's obvious the Ebay search engines are manipulated to benefit Ebay and not the seller. I don't post about slow sales anymore because an online store is always an option.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Many of us had to take second jobs as the eBay down spiral destroyed our online businesses.

Amazon aka chinaworld is killing all other retail.
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

You don't want to hear from me............but anyway.

I checked three of your items from the first page of Best Match.

I searched All Categories using the complete Titles and viewed the results using Lowest Price.

I found many matches (20 - 50) for all three

Your listings were around #8 - #15

The price differences for all the results were quite small, most of the listings above you offered Free Shipping and carry the Fast & Free marker, some also offered Free Returns.

Bottom line, buyers of NIB identical auto parts will always be drawn to the lowest price, being 10th on the list means you are going to be missing out on a lot of sales even though your pricing is only 2  or 3 points higher.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Tough Market

Message 15 of 29
latest reply