cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales at an all time low

What is going on with Ebay, seriously looking at other ways to sell as a 50% reduction in sales and item views is just not normal.  i have periods of lots of sales and then hours and hours of nothing, which suggests something is not quite right.  Are any other large scale sellers experiencing the same?

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Sales at an all time low

Anonymous
Not applicable

zegun wrote:

eBay needs to reinvest more money into marketing to draw in new buyers and get buyers back who have left the platform. Send out coupons to people and absorb the cost; share holders need to occasionally take a back seat to the people generating revenue for eBay. 

I have seen ebay  runnings ads on TV for fashion (clothing, shoes)

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

@tamaralea

@tamaralea wrote:

I agree about searches being geographical.  I've only had 3 sales this month and 2 were to California, a state where I'd only sold 1-2 items in the last year.  April was great for me, with 17 sales.  I'm wondering if I'm more of a "one month mostly on, one month mostly off" type of situation. 

This month alone I have shipped to  CA, DE, FL, IN, MA, MT, NJ, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, VA

The MT order was the first for that state.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 47 of 53
latest reply

That's the truth!
Camera Case Wireless

US Cellular Agent

"SHOP THE CAMERA CASE"!!!
Message 48 of 53
latest reply

I have three accounts that have screeched to a halt. Last month I had low sales until a week before their fees were due. Then, somehow, I made enough to cover them. I haven't purchased an item in four months, when I usually buy 10-15, trying to support fellow ebayers. They have destroyed what has been a somewhat lucrative venture in one quarter.  I guess I'm next to be phased out for China.

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

I think it might be their new rollout ( Enhanced listings ) causing this issue.      Here you can have your listing highlighted  for up to  a 20%  additional fee.  Hard to imagine the % thay take now  add 20% to it   I bet that equates to 1/3 of the item and 1/3 of the shipping .  Think about it  

@rjkcrafts wrote:

What is going on with Ebay, seriously looking at other ways to sell as a 50% reduction in sales and item views is just not normal.  i have periods of lots of sales and then hours and hours of nothing, which suggests something is not quite right.  Are any other large scale sellers experiencing the same?

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

My sales are constant   just the numbers are down 

We have had to run 30 and 40% sale discounts just to generate enough income to make up for the 50% recent down turn in Auction sales.    

@rjkcrafts wrote:

so are any other sellers experience lots of sales in one hour and then nothing for the next 12 hours, this is happening on a daily basis to us

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

I have items that end with 2 views after a month...sad...only the Chinese super sellers are making any money...those in US that have no subsidized govt shipping and trying to do the right thing by recycling vintage clothing and keeping the planet green and the landfills empty are getting punished to the hilt...sad

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

@tonycea wrote:

There may be massive data center problems that eBay is not making public, so you will never know if the servers your goods are on are not connected at certain times.

Could be Google dropping eBay out of their search index also.

How are you going to prove either case ??

At times high peak hours my service provider says up on the very top of screen google not responding!!!  

Message 53 of 53
latest reply