cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales at an all time low

What is going on with Ebay, seriously looking at other ways to sell as a 50% reduction in sales and item views is just not normal.  i have periods of lots of sales and then hours and hours of nothing, which suggests something is not quite right.  Are any other large scale sellers experiencing the same?

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Sales at an all time low

ZERO..............For at least 3 days..........

Message 2 of 53
latest reply

No sales for the last 6 days. It's very quiet.Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

i don't understand your complaint. you have about 500 sales during past month!!

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

I sold as much last weekend as I did the entire month of April. I have no idea what's going on. 

There are days when a load of people view my items and then other days dead stop. ???

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

yes but still 50% down on what i used to sell
Message 6 of 53
latest reply

eBay needs to reinvest more money into marketing to draw in new buyers and get buyers back who have left the platform. Send out coupons to people and absorb the cost; share holders need to occasionally take a back seat to the people generating revenue for eBay. 

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

Buyers are scrapping out their PC's, so the trend is against eBay right now for sure.

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

so are any other sellers experience lots of sales in one hour and then nothing for the next 12 hours, this is happening on a daily basis to us

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

There may be massive data center problems that eBay is not making public, so you will never know if the servers your goods are on are not connected at certain times.

Could be Google dropping eBay out of their search index also.

How are you going to prove either case ??

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

Today I was searching for something simple as sapphire 14k ring Row, worldwide.  A friend of mine was looking for  two row or three row sapphire ring. The few returns I got back absolutely shocked me. I did advanced and still only two more listings. I think the largest problem is the search issue.I honestly don't know if they are just winging on the fly in the programming room behind the scenes. Thats what it looks like to me.

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

Could be that for sure, many times when you search eBay says 'showing zero results' for a term but then shows the very same items under that headline.

In some cases they may be reindexing so you will get few results like you are, try later and see, but we know eBay search is the worst on the internet already.

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

It seems pretty clear results are shown in waves. I am not sure of it's geographicall but it seems to be and why, say, you will have 2 sales in Georgia at a certain point in time. But, also, it seems like your turn may come and you just get no sales during it and it seems like an even longer drought period-sometimes days.

Last night I got my wave and one sale. I later got a message asking to cancel because he didn't realize something about the listing.

I can't be sure but it is certainly how it feels. Whatever is going on here, it's abysmal.

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

Don't think of it as "sales low", but "advertising opportunities" on the steady increase!  What happens if/when an item sells?  More items like it are displayed for buyers to rethink their original commitment.  

ebay has created this environment, adding to the list of usual suspects as causes for low sales.  Buyers and sellers are catching on, adjusting their sell/buy only strategies to expand into the advertising and marketing realms, just as ebay has done.

Soon, "sales" as those measured here "on" ebay may very well bottom out.  Oh, but "sales" not measured here may make a steady trend upwards.

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Today I was searching for something simple as sapphire 14k ring Row, worldwide.  A friend of mine was looking for  two row or three row sapphire ring. The few returns I got back absolutely shocked me. I did advanced and still only two more listings. I think the largest problem is the search issue.I honestly don't know if they are just winging on the fly in the programming room behind the scenes. Thats what it looks like to me.

No it's all Cassini. It's planned like that.

the root of all evil in the world.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 15 of 53
latest reply