cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Down By 50%

What is going on?!!  My sales have dropped 50% since April! Instead of having several sales a day, I am lucky to have 3 or 4 sales a week! Has the algorhythm changed? It can't be the economy, because with high gas prices people should be shopping from home more! If many others are experiencing the same slow sales, I am sure e-bay is worried about their bottom line, too! Please, FIX THE PROBLEM!

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Sales Down By 50%

And how do you charge it ?

Message 46 of 104
latest reply

Ebay is drawing more attention to big sellers so they can make more money. some say they dont have the technology to change the algorithms in the search to draw attention to big sellers are wrong and dont understand technology. all social media platforms and search engines like google and microsoft do the same to suppress information. the bottom line is the economy is crashing and we are heading towards a depression like we have never seen.

Message 47 of 104
latest reply

@kaylybon0 wrote:

Ebay is drawing more attention to big sellers so they can make more money. some say they dont have the technology to change the algorithms in the search to draw attention to big sellers are wrong and dont understand technology. all social media platforms and search engines like google and microsoft do the same to suppress information. the bottom line is the economy is crashing and we are heading towards a depression like we have never seen.

The only problem with that idea is literally everyone posting these "My sales died" threads sells nothing but antiques and garage sale find type items. The big sellers largely do not sell that stuff because it moves too slowly and is too labor intensive. It is much more likely that people just aren't buying that sort of stuff much right now and we are having a shakeout of all the new sellers that popped up during the pandemic boom sale days.

The sky is not falling.  In your case it is probably your prices. I randomly checked 2 of your items, the Playstation VR game which you have for nearly $20 shipped despite the fact it tends to sell for $9-10 shipped and the Floyd Rose Original 7 String Tremolo FRTS100S Open Box which you have priced about $65 shipped higher than what other sellers sell it new and sealed for. 

Everyone, you actually have to research prices on things, you can't just guess.

Message 48 of 104
latest reply

The sky is falling for some

Message 49 of 104
latest reply

Sales down -85% for June 2022 compared to June 2021. Sales down -65% for entire year of 2022. We were selling, eBay changed search in early May. Sales tanked again. EBAY reps stated all sellers seeing huge drops in sales since update. We were selling, eBay changed things, now we are not selling. Extremely low number of views on newly listed items, some have 0 views after 10 days...Not an economy issue, we WERE selling BEFORE the search adjustments...

Message 50 of 104
latest reply

The economy is some of the problem. BUT the Biggest problem is called Facebook. Stuff is selling like Crazy at extremely High prices.

Message 51 of 104
latest reply

Exactly, I'm in the same situation as many other sellers..it's a mess

Message 52 of 104
latest reply

There is financial issues with people, yes.

There are also problems with the ebay algorithm.

Its like a light switch.  I have steady sales awhile, doing all my normal routines listing and everything, then its like a switch is flipped, and traffic is abnormally small and no sales for days.  In a dry spell now.  Then all of a sudden traffic and listing views and sales will be normal again.

Message 53 of 104
latest reply

Recession, high inflation.   Poor policies.  Elections have consequences.

Message 54 of 104
latest reply

It is the failing economy and inflation equating into fewer sales.  Less money to spend on discretionary goods.

Message 55 of 104
latest reply

Sales down 80%.  Poor economic conditions.

Message 56 of 104
latest reply

Financial crisis.  Yep!  Elections have consequences and we are stuck with this poor decision years more.

Message 57 of 104
latest reply

It's called inflation and it didnt happen overnight.  It started approximately one year ago.  YOY 9.1% inflation and that does not include inflation of many essentials such as oil and gas and food.

Message 58 of 104
latest reply

This is so true.  I would burn my economics degree on the gym steps of my supposedly “elite” university if I had the time and money to get over there. 

It’s not funny how everybody’s eBay sales are down, but not as much as the stock or “corporate looter” executive compensation schemes alive and well at listed companies like……………

Message 59 of 104
latest reply

You guys i think one of the real reason sales dropping is because people are spending money and saving for trips to take.  Even used items with a down turn are hot right now. If you go to sold items its all pre owned. People want used items at discounted rate. Because of prices and carbon foot print. I could be wrong but yeah. 

Message 60 of 104
latest reply