cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRING SELLER UPDATE has arrived

I just read the important news over on 

ecommercebytes

Many changes - new store tiers - stricter return policies - lots more.

Your thoughts??

Message 1 of 215
latest reply
214 REPLIES 214

Re: SPRING SELLER UPDATE has arrived

30 day free returns required for TRS.slight_frown

Message 3 of 215
latest reply

It will take me a day or two to understand how all of these changes affect my business.

So many changes hitting fast this year!

Message 4 of 215
latest reply

Directly from the update:

By the end of APRIL, associate your existing listings to the eBay catalog SO THAT YOUR INVENTORY WILL CONTINUE TO BE VISIBLE TO BUYERS. 

Message 5 of 215
latest reply

"Enhanced pricing guidance."  Oh, yay.

I got excited when I saw that there would be  two new Stores subscription levels, but the new ones are tiny and gigantic.  Not the level in-between Premium and Anchor that many people have asked for.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

The new "Starter Store" costs $7.95 per month for a month-to-month subscription and $4.95 per month for an annual subscription, for which you get 100 free fixed price listings.  Currently, non-stores get 50 free insertions per month and extras will be cents, so those 50 additional insertions would cost $17.50. So on listing fees alone, you'd save if you list more than about 70  items per month. Plus probably you'd get access to seller benefits like vacation settings and Markdown Manager.

Message 6 of 215
latest reply

Price for a Basic Store went up....

new Basic store subscription fee = 21.95 a month

yearly subscription = $27.95 monthly

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 7 of 215
latest reply

I'll have to go back to read more but I'm shaking too much right now.  Are there still ebay supply coupons with stores?

Message 8 of 215
latest reply

@partial*eclipsewrote:

"Enhanced pricing guidance."  Oh, yay.

I got excited when I saw that there would be  two new Stores subscription levels, but the new ones are tiny and gigantic.  Not the level in-between Premium and Anchor that many people have asked for.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

The new "Starter Store" costs $7.95 per month for a month-to-month subscription and $4.95 per month for an annual subscription, for which you get 100 free fixed price listings.  Currently, non-stores get 50 free insertions per month and extras will be cents, so those 50 additional insertions would cost $17.50. So on listing fees alone, you'd save if you list more than about 70  items per month. Plus probably you'd get access to seller benefits like vacation settings and Markdown Manager.

To me Markdown manager or vacation settings is worth a LOT more then $5 a month.... but some people do not want to pay for a store..... I was kind of hoping for a new level between Premium and Anchor.... jumping from 1000 listings to 10,000 is tough....

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 9 of 215
latest reply

And stores STILL have to pay for scheduling and BINs on auctions - figures.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 215
latest reply

@fern*woodwrote:

30 day free returns required for TRS.slight_frown

Some categories have 14 day free returns to qualify for TRS+, but on the same page, 14 day free returns isn't listed as being an option. How ebay is that?

@b86fierowrote:

Directly from the update:

By the end of APRIL, associate your existing listings to the eBay catalog SO THAT YOUR INVENTORY WILL CONTINUE TO BE VISIBLE TO BUYERS. 

That must apply to new only, I would think.  But it doesn't say that.  So is there no place for used or vintage?  Clarification would be nice.

Message 12 of 215
latest reply

My thought is that it's time for me to go to bed........too tired to digest this right now.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 215
latest reply

@fern*woodwrote:

I'll have to go back to read more but I'm shaking too much right now.  Are there still ebay supply coupons with stores?

Yes there are still coupons BUT......the supply store doesn’t carry a good variety anymore. Looks like some popular sizes were discontinued.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 215
latest reply

@d-k_treasureswrote: ... Some categories have 14 day free returns to qualify for TRS+, but on the same page, 14 day free returns isn't listed as being an option. How ebay is that?

eBay isn't known for their copywriting and proofreading skills, but they'll get it straightened out eventually. Perhaps you should bring that up in the new discussion board.  There's also this price in British sterling in the section on the new labels system.

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 11.42.17 AM.png

Message 15 of 215
latest reply