cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES are off!

So we're a assest management company and we've been listing on ebay for 10 years + .

My company has 3 ebay account I and manage the account and conduct training across our locations. 

I have one account that hit a wall in sale they are making half of what they were making the month before. Our main account is down 25% which is worriesome seeing we have a few employees. 

Over the last year we've made a tons of improvments with our listing and they showed massive improvement in sale with grow of 45% from one month to another.  

Area's of improvement:

• customer messaging
  • returns
  • issues with inconstancy
  • Better photos 
  • Increase company brand
  • double returning buyers

Our last 2 months have been nerve racking and this month has me scratching my head. So this is what we've done so far in the last 3 weeks.

• Ebay ads ( 1 sale)
  • Email marketing
  • Facebook ads
  • 2 Promotions

These have shown very little results a small increase when we offer free shipping but as you can imagine that starts adding up fast.  Let me know if your experiencing the same thing. 

Michael Stubblebine
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: SALES are off!

I see your descriptions just fine on my desktop computer~~it hasn't been affected.  I also don't see a "see full item description" button either.  Maybe if people wouldn't use their phones, tablets, WiFi, etc. you wouldn't have these problems.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

One of the nations biggest toy retailers does over 10,000 sales a month on this site. Its feedback score is 98.7%, and I bet they get lots of help from ebay removing negatives. It's not your feedback causing slow sales. Not sure what to suggest to you other than hanging in there and things should eventually pick up for you again.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

@southeasterndatafl

@southeasterndatafl wrote:

Negative have never effected my sales before and if were a bad seller we wouldn't be considered top rate. I'll give you a story earlier this year we went from above standard to Top rated the day I went to top rated my sale dropped by 20% and has never recovered. Loyalty among my follower is grown and the improvements in our process has improve which for some reason people fail to take note of. I'm review with a 3 month period and to be honest my categories for used electronic is extermely different than other items. We run our bussiness like a factor and it seems none to the people have actually looked at my listing. People don't look at the buyer then look for a product unless your a repeat customer they look at the product product first. Customer decide weather there going to buy from you in 2 second and when they see the listing and selling information all the see is 99% FB and Top rated plus. 

P.S. Mr_lincoln 

There's no reason to open a 4th account I already have a Top rated account with no negative and sales are still bad if you didn't see my previous reply. 

My sincere thanks for that comprehensive reply and you are right, with another account having the steller FB no need for a 4th one. 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 33 of 35
latest reply

The other day I notice something weird it was like the browser was on mobile mode because you had to click to see the description. It seemed like a bug and at times the zoom function doesn't work. We follow all the recommendation photo size on all our photos to enable the function.
Michael Stubblebine
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

@southeasterndatafl  There have been numerous threads on the "Description" issue.  It's eBay, not your system.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 35 of 35
latest reply