cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return and Replacement

I have been Selling On eBay From Many Years now I came cross many situation as a seller recently I have a sold item(Jacket) to a customer and few days after using this jacket and wearing  This Buyer is claiming this item has arrived damaged when I asked him I can able to replace  this item for him but we need to return the damaged one back to me but he refused and also didn't sent me any proof of damaged, not only that he file refund claim and asking for refund as a damaged item which I believe he has received in good condition not damaged and also stop communicating I have try to involve eBay into this situation but they asked told me to try and negotiate with each and not only that before even this issue is resolved the buyer left the negative feedback as well.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Return and Replacement

Respond to the claim and have the buyer return for a full refund.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Return and Replacement

As a Seller I have to send the buyer a return postage label as well

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Return and Replacement

Buyer does not have to send proof or photos. If you did some or too many emails back and forth that could upset the buyer....just assuming...thus a negative feedback.

You could have tried a partial refund or still could with the buyer. Or just do a full refund.

Then....no before....kindly ask for a change in the feedback from buyer....buyer has only 30 days to change their own feedback.

I would apologize left and right to get the feedback changed

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Return and Replacement

Don't get into a back and fourth with the buyer.

Instruct the buyer to start a return via ebay.

Explain to the buyer, when you get the item back, ebay will issue you a refund.

If the buyer does start a NAD (not as described) return, accept the return.

There will be an option to let ebay provide the buyer with a return label.

If the item comes back to you, refund the buyer.

If the item does not come back to you, no refund and ebay will not charge you for the return label.

My hunch in this case is that the buyer does not start the return and does not send back the item.

Good luck.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Return and Replacement

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be.  If your buyer has filed a Request for Return claim, then simply say yes, return for refund.  If the buyer doesn't return the item, you don't have to refund.

I'm not sure what the buyer thought they would gain by filing this claim if they have no desire to return the item.  So make sure you keep all the emails and anything else just in case this buyer returns something other than they purchased or an empty box.

If any of that happens, come back here and let us help you through the process.  But for now if you haven't approved the return, do that ASAP as time is running out and you do NOT want to give the buyer the opportunity to ask Ebay to step in and decide the claim.  That will not end well for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Return and Replacement

@taabf wrote:

As a Seller I have to send the buyer a return postage label as well

You don't have to.  You can have Ebay do it for you, they will charge you when the buyer uses it but not until then, but it is all in the claim.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Return and Replacement

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Buyer does not have to send proof or photos. If you did some or too many emails back and forth that could upset the buyer....just assuming...thus a negative feedback.

You could have tried a partial refund or still could with the buyer. Or just do a full refund.

Then....no before....kindly ask for a change in the feedback from buyer....buyer has only 30 days to change their own feedback.

I would apologize left and right to get the feedback changed

Well maybe or maybe not.  IDK if it is fully rolled out, but to file an INAD requires a picture now.  But like I said I'm not sure if that is for the whole site yet.  If not it is coming.

The buyer has now filed a claim.  As long as the Seller resolves it without having Ebay step in, any negative FB the buyer would leave is removed.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Return and Replacement

Yes you do.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply