cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted item on Payoneer but allowed on eBay, what to do?

ul-amin-ind
Adventurer

Hi there,

We have been selling Dental Instruments on eBay since 8 years, the items are allowed to sell on eBay but as we have signed up for Managed payments now connecting through Payoneer, Payoneer's list of prohibited items show "Medical Equipment", payoneer is already asking the details for the payments we will receive, now i fear if i provide details about the dental instruments, they will limit our account.

Does anyone have such experience? What should we do?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Restricted item on Payoneer but allowed on eBay, what to do?

It sounds weird when the prohibited items on Payoneer and Ebay are different. Did you try to get help from Ebay or Payoneer about this issue?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If you list them on eBay with the payment being routed through Payoneer, then you're putting your account at risk. Your best option is to not sell those items anywhere Payoneer will be used. Is Payoneer currently the only option for Pakistan residents using Managed Payments- could you get a bank account that's accepted?

I see that all of your listings with the exception of a few knives and a pair of pet grooming scissors are medical instruments. If you want to continue selling here then you probably have to go in a different category direction from medical supplies.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Some eBay sellers are feeling the effects of prohibited items always allowed on eBay but now not allowed by their payment processors like Payoneer and Adyen. The bottom line is that you will need to find another site or outlet on which to sell your medical equipment. If you list it on eBay, you risk your selling privileges. 

There have been multiple threads about this same issue for sellers of Adult materials. Adyen doesn't allow it and many of these eBayers have been successfully selling it here for years. But no more.

Sorry, wish i had better news for you. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

These are the .com (USA) boards and I don't believe that that payment processor can be accepted here.  You will probably need to ask your question on the boards for eBay sites that can accept it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes payoneer is the only option we have unfortunately, i have not yet contacted the CS of payoneer or eBay but it seems clear they won't be changing their rules for us sadly.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Payoneer is unfortunately the only option now. 

We can't change the category of products as we are selling the goods that we are manufacturing. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ebay may eventually ban these sales as well.   Your items should require a brand name and the country of manufacture.    

Dentists warned of counterfeit equipment following huge haul | Dentists | The Guardian

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

These are the .com (USA) boards and I don't believe that that payment processor can be accepted here.  You will probably need to ask your question on the boards for eBay sites that can accept it.

@7606dennis

eBay is using Payoneer to receive the payments for sellers in "select countries", instead of a bank account. It depends on what country the seller is in, not which eBay site. Here is the information about it from the eBay.com help pages for foreign sellers:

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/managed-payments/

image.png

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

There's a difference between equipment and instruments, we are manufacturing instruments since 1971 and exporting worldwide. The link you provided is about equipment, not instruments. 

Also there's a large number of these items being sold on eBay so i highly doubt eBay can add these items to their restricted products. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@ul-amin-ind wrote:

There's a difference between equipment and instruments, we are manufacturing instruments since 1971 and exporting worldwide. The link you provided is about equipment, not instruments. 

Also there's a large number of these items being sold on eBay so i highly doubt eBay can add these items to their restricted products. 

The link is relevant. In colloquial English, these kinds of items could be referred to with either term.

You need to ask Payoneer about this issue. You have to comply with the terms of use for both eBay and Payoneer. And, eBay has recently banned a large category that was worth millions of business, probably a great deal larger than the volume in cheap dental equipment.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

eBay does not have them as restricted however Payoneer do, and as the processor they have the final say, as Adyen did in regard to the Adult items.

As they catch up eBay will hopefully update the restricted items in the various countries affected by Adyen and Payoneer rules so it is easier and more transparent for sellers to see these before getting themselves in to strife.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

What is this fly by night company Payoneer? Never heard of such a company. Sounds like that are appropriating Pioneer Corporation and Paypal. They will probably get sued.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply