cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required soon

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

I have had this concern for months now and asked about it on the weekly chats several times

It is now coming down to crunch time.  

The item specifics for size are 'required soon' according to the 20 plus listings that popped up today that needed "editing to add size" as a required item specific.   (several yesterday)

The problem is, those are variation listings and the variations are the size!!!

I have numerous items that have size ranges and the variation is the size.  It is impossible to fill in the size item specific because you can only add one size.  For example a men's product that I have in the following sizes, 34, 38, 40, 42 is saying that size is required. 

How?  

Are all of these variation listings going to stop or be deemed unsellable when this "required soon" actually kicks in?

I've asked during the chats and you guys have said that you will get back to me but it is starting to get dire.

A few of my listings have thousands of views and hundreds of sales and it would be hard to have to end them and list them one size at a time.

Isn't variation listings for size a thing?  Why would they now be demanding we "pick one size"

Can you guys put this on the fast track?  We are running out of time on this issue.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Required soon

I have the same issue. I sell Baby Clothes and most of my listings are various sizes. I have 44 add required size listings 😞

Hope this is a some sort of Bug and gets fixed soon!

~Sandy

(Baby Blossoms Boutique)

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If it comes down to crunch time I would stick the word "Various" in that slot.

eBay want's the slot filled, that will get the notification to go away.   If after the first month or so you see sales going down, you might want to break up the variations and list them separately with size going in IS instead of variations... (which I DO realize defeats one of the main reasons for Variation listings).

You'll know your buyers are using size (in the IS) if that IS is one of the options they use to eliminate or find what they are looking for, and your sales drop because you no longer show on their screen. 

A way to combat that and still use variation listings is to have links back to your store in every single listing.  Have it link back to your store, Store category page, etc. if they are just browsing and hit one of your listings they can then find the rest of your items by going through your store.   Stick it under the description in every listing like "Find more Ambercrombie (W/E) in my Store XXX" and make the XXX the link back to that section of your store.   You can get even fancier with 'ambercrombie' being a link to that category, and 'XXX' being a link to the main page of your store.

If you put then links on both the variation and non variation listings of the same type, where the find one they can then find the rest.   I've done it for years it works wonders... they'll find one GPK card then find the rest of mine and instead of selling one card I've sold 30 😉

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The other way around it is to call the variation 'sizes offered' then it won't clash with the word size, then in the size IS put in the various sizes = 12,14,16,18,XL, XXL, with the comma's in it OR 12-XXL either way it'll fill in the slot.  Same applies as in my first post, anything that isn't what eBay has put in the drop down list has a potential of making your items not show when buyers use the search items to include or exclude that IS.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I feel your pain.  I currently have 1700 listing, mostly variations,  showing I need to add something for required soon.  I wish there would be some guidance from eBay on this as well.   

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

There was a previous "glitch" in eBay's system that this exact same thing was happening. When I called them, they were working on it & did get it fixed. Now it is apparently back. We all need to call eBay so that they get this fixed. Call during the day though. I tried calling on "off hours" & the poor customer service representative had no clue what I was talking about. She kept me on the phone for 1/2 hour and finally I had to end the call because she did not understand what I was talking about.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Most of my items did not have requirements when I listed them but now they do! and it seems like EBAY keeps adding more requirements daily and when I list new items they do not say anything about the required information until after you list the item ??  and like most of you I do not have answers to their questions like how can you list a manufacturer if you do not know who made it ?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@renegadecj7 wrote:

Most of my items did not have requirements when I listed them but now they do! and it seems like EBAY keeps adding more requirements daily and when I list new items they do not say anything about the required information until after you list the item ??  and like most of you I do not have answers to their questions like how can you list a manufacturer if you do not know who made it ?

Use "unknown"... it's usually one of the drop down options.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Or "unbranded" if it's generic.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I just got off the phone with CS because I had a weird Payment question- and while I had someone on the line I remembered to ask if they could report this required item specifics issue. I figured with more reports from more sources the better chance we have at getting it fixed soon. She said there was already a ticket created so she added me to it.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

None of those work.  I have mine as "choose size" and they keep popping up on my "update product" list.  Which means it isn't reading it.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply