cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Changes to Ebay have caused more issues than I've had in 12 years!

I've enjoyed being a small Seller on Ebay for 12 years.  It's procedures were simple to understand and use and things have gone smoothly for me most of the time.  But, since the recent changes, I've had more issues with sales in the last 4 weeks or so than I've had in 12 years.  This aggravation and difficulty may be what causes me to stop selling completely!  It's something I enjoy in my retirement, earns me a bit of "pocket change" to supplement my income, and I enjoy the interaction with mostly good people during the transaction process.  My rating is 100% for all these years, but because of these confusing new processes I may end up getting hits that affect my rating, and if so, I'm gonna be "outta here"!  My philosophy has always been "If it ain't broke, don't fix it......"

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Recent Changes to Ebay have caused more issues than I've had in 12 years!

Are you referring to Managed Payments?

What kind of problems have you had?

Message 2 of 66
latest reply

@magnoliamam.713 wrote:

It's procedures were simple to understand and use and things have gone smoothly for me most of the time.  But, since the recent changes, I've had more issues with sales in the last 4 weeks or so than I've had in 12 years. 

{snip}

because of these confusing new processes I may end up getting hits that affect my rating, and if so, I'm gonna be "outta here"! 

Without specifics, it is hard to understand what you are referring to.

What "processes"?

What "recent changes"?

What "issues"?

What "hits"?

For instance, re. "hits" to your performance rating: defects come from late shipping, not resolving disputes, and seller initiated cancellations. Just as they have for years.

What are the "recent changes" that are preventing you from shipping on time, preventing you from choosing "refund" or "return for refund" for disputes, or that is causing you to cancel transactions without being asked?

Message 3 of 66
latest reply

I don't do "late shipping, unresolved disputes, or seller initiated cancellations".....My performance rating should indicate how I do business - 

I recently had one issue with one Buyer who has not refunded my payment after they have received my return and they blame it on not having received their payment from me due to late "managed payments", and another case where a Buyer requested that I send her item to a different address than her Ebay registered one, and I said that I would not do that as it's against site rules and puts too much liability on me, so we mutually agreed I'd cancel the sale - 

If you have nothing constructive to say, go on to the next topic - Who are you, an Ebay Lobbyist?  

By the way, how do you seem to know so much about my issues?

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

Have had 1 issue with a Seller who claims she has not received my initial payment for an item which I have already returned to her and she blames it on "managed payments" delays -

I don't like the new "selling" page, wish it was back to the Classic Selling page - does not give me as much useful information as quickly as it always did.

Ebay used to support its Sellers and Buyers, equally and quickly with issues.  Now it's like they don't even care.

Also the break between Paypal and Ebay has led to neither of them cooperating with the other to help resolve issues.  

That's enough to make an enjoyable venture turn into an aggravation and I don't need any of that messing up my nice life -

Thanks for asking - 

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

So you use eBay as a social outlet? I can recommend several social outlets that you're not expected to buy or sell...

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

I don't do "late shipping, unresolved disputes, or seller initiated cancellations"

If you are doing nothing to cause defects, then IMHO you have no reason to worry about them.

I recently had one issue with one Buyer who has not refunded my payment after they have received my return and they blame it on not having received their payment from me due to late "managed payments"

If a seller is refusing to give you a timely refund, IMHO that has nothing to do with managed payments or recent changes. That is simply an irresponsible seller making excuses. If your tracking shows delivered, you will get your refund.

another case where a Buyer requested that I send her item to a different address than her Ebay registered one, and I said that I would not do that as it's against site rules and puts too much liability on me, so we mutually agreed I'd cancel the sale

As long as you canceled the transaction using "buyer requested" or "problem with buyer address", you will not get a defect. IMHO that has nothing to do with recent changes. It is simply a buyer asking you to do something that eBay advises you should not do. That is something that has been happening for years, and how a seller deals with this has not changed.

If you have nothing constructive to say, go on to the next topic

I did have something constructive to say. And based on your response here, your issues have nothing to do with recent changes on eBay. Both the situations you describe have been happening for many years.

Who are you, an Ebay Lobbyist?  

I do not work for eBay or advocate for them.
"An ad hominem attack refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself."

By the way, how do you seem to know so much about my issues?

I know nothing about your issues. That is why my post asked you what your issues where.

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

I recently had one issue with one Buyer who has not refunded my payment after they have received my return and they blame it on not having received their payment from me due to late "managed payments"

If a seller is refusing to give you a timely refund, IMHO that has nothing to do with managed payments or recent changes. That is simply an irresponsible seller making excuses. If your tracking shows delivered, you will get your refund.

The OP is the seller.; Buyer is refusing to pay again for something they received an INR refund on and then received item.

One recommendation, more and better pictures. Your items that I looked at have very blurry pictures. This can lead to unhappy buyers.

Don't let a rough patch cloud a good run. Godspeed.

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

I stopped selling for several reasons. I like Paypal, and how smoothly things went for me. My kitchen tabletop sales brought in "mad" money so I could buy other things. Opting into "Managed ("mere" pennies to use lol) payments" was not my style, and I still have the old selling format. I miss selling, but after seeing how other merchants often get "kicked" in the "slats" (ribs, wallets) by scammers, I will have to stay a buyer only. Vintage Ebay was exactly what I needed, but with the anxieties felt by others nowadays and so many rules, I don't need the headaches. Yard sales will have to do from now on. 

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

Well, one of the issues is probably ebay holds payments so shipping will OF COURSE be delayed, but all these regular posters here say, NO ebay does not hold payments, AND this new system is the answer to ebay making billions more!! 

BOTTOM LINE - SO MANY post on how bad this system is, SO SO MANY, even on other FINANCE boards now, and comments are from regular do gooders, WHATS THE PROBLEM??? 

Come on!!

Heres my comment to this good ebayer, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND what you are saying, AND MANY OTHERS DO AS WELL, I would LOVE to see you stay selling HOWEVER I completely understand why you feel this way, and if you do decide to stop, BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, and THANK YOU for all your hard work and dedication through the years!!!

NOW  let the negative comments begin!!

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

You're not alone on that thinking!!  SO SO SO MANY post here are saying the same exact thing!!

BEST OF LUCK to you and THANKS VERY MUCH for your hard work here!!  WISH YOU WOULD STAY, but I TOTALLY GET where you are coming from , and again, SO MANY feel the same way!!

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

Hello again good ebay, just a quick comment, I have checked your listings, (LOOKIN GOOD) but I see in them you are basically apologizing to buyers on this new system, you mention it in your listing even that Ebay holds money so you are holding off on shipments until monies are cleared.  Is this good for business??

Message 14 of 66
latest reply

GOOD QUESTIONS HERE!! 

Lucky - DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSE???????  I kind of wonder!!

Message 15 of 66
latest reply