cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting eBay re: A Tech Bug: eBay Message Responses Fail

Hello,

First, let me vent that eBay's support labyrinth is maddening. The absolutely infantile categorization is obviously designed to the lowest common denominator and intended to drive support efforts toward the easiest possible scripted response.

Now that I've vented, how does one contact eBay in regards to an apparent technical glitch/bug? I am unable to respond to a customer via the eBay message system. The response is "Bad Request" and the error code is " 0.46911160.1649428916.e627c59".

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@venhilldirect wrote:

Now that I've vented, how does one contact eBay in regards to an apparent technical glitch/bug? I am unable to respond to a customer via the eBay message system. The response is "Bad Request" and the error code is " 0.46911160.1649428916.e627c59".

I know this is just a workaround but the first thing is to get a reply back to the customer one way or another. If the reply button in your email copy or on your Active listings page doesnt work (and I agree that it often barfs with an error) then go to your Messages page and find the message from the customer there. A reply there usually works for me.

If that doesnt work either then go to the customers own feedback page and use the Contact member link on the upper right of the page to send a message that way. That has always worked for me.

As for getting the bug fixed I think you are describing a bug that has been known for a long time and they have not fixed it yet. It definitely looks like they are putting more coding resources into unwanted updates and revisions than into fixing bugs in pages that were previously released.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

For others who come upon this thread, let's consolidate on the existing technical issue posted at

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Critical-Messaging-Issue/m-p/32766717

so we're not spreading information and the level of concern across a bunch of duplicate threads.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply