cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotions broken!

The new Promotions/Sales Event Manager that replaced the Old Mark Down Manager is broken.  It won't start new promotions and doesn't allow you to copy the previous ones.  I called Ebay and they said there's something wrong with the new Promotions feature and it's blocking user and they're looking into it.  I used Mark Down manager (old) and the Promotions feature heavily for my sales.  Why would Ebay get rid of something that was working before, replace it with something they haven't debugged completely, and then basically hang millions of sellers out to dry while they try to figure out what is going on with it????????

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Promotions broken!

Where was this announced in seller updates?  It is quite unfair to make these changes without transparency and an opportunity to make amendments to our listings.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I am aware of the new time delay (14 days) to implement a sale. As I use this tool properly instead of marking up to markdown, I am extremely frustrated. I can't promote a new item to get it off the floor. I also know that since the rollout of the promotions a large part of the community can't utilize the tool as it is broken. I have called many times and can't breech the ebay customer service buffer. I have been told on numerous occasions that "this is how it works now". I have to prove to the supervising service rep that it is in fact broken and still can't get anyone to fix the problems. All promotions have a simple template to indicate when a sale is in effect. The sale shows a banner in the search results (to attract customers to your listing) and also shows a banner at the top of the listing page (showing the sale and how to use it) and a banner at the bottom of the listing (showing the other items included in that sale) if there is more than one item on sale. Depending on the sale type their is also a slashed out price showing "was $xx.xx" and now "you save $xx.xx" next to the buy now button on the listing. I was just refunded my last 3 months of store subscription fees since that is how far back I have been making calls about the problem. I have ramped up my efforts to consistently calling for the past month. I no longer have access to "Markdown Manger" (working tool) just "Promotions" (not working tool). I am watching a severe decline in overall sales!!! My advice to others is to search the sale term you are trying to run and look through the search results until you find the appropriate banner showing as it should. Then check the listing to make sure all indicators are showing and take screen shots of all the banners indicators and item numbers. You can then prove it's broken. Please be prepared for the misinformation and non-existent inter departmental communication (customer service to tech department). I am going on a listing frenzy and will be trying out competitors platforms with a few products at the end of the week to try to recoup the lose in sales. I am getting very tired of chasing the carrot on the stick!

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

All of my "sales" ended last night. I won't be putting any of the items back on sale any time soon (even though ebay so generously ALLOWS me to). Prices on ebay are going up.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Since ebays news promotions markdown manager we have made no money at sales or I shouldl say about $500.00 and usually during sales we bring in minimun of 2300.00. What is ebay's motive for this, how are they making money with this system.?

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

What is ebay's motive for this, how are they making money with this system.?

Motive is a huge false advertising suit that was settled recently.  FTC wrote rules that state items can't be on sale all the time and have to establish a base price for a length of time before being put on sale......

Message 20 of 20
latest reply