cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Using Mozilla Firefox Browser for eBay after 10 Years With No Problem

For  the past few days I have been Unable to List Items or Revise or do many things on eBay...using

Mozilla Firefox as my Browser...I have been using Mozilla for many years for eBay with No problem...I have now had to switch to Microsoft Edge to be able to List and use the eBay site...but I generally use Mozilla for everything..and I am very concerned....I cleared my Cache and my Cookies and did some other things..but so far no luck...Mozilla and eBay are Not working together for me...

Any ideas out there?...I need eBay and Mozilla Firefox to be Compatible....Thanks very much..

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I use firefox with no problem.......there are glitches at times and that's when I check to be sure it is updated......and usually it isn't......despite the fact it should do it automatically.

Also there are some addons that have caused problems in the past........if you have any installed, you might try disabling them to see if that helps.........

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

make sure it's updated to latest version...usually when there issues on firefox, chrome etc... that is the issue. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for all the suggestions...I do get Mozilla Updates all the time...Could it be an eBay compatibility issue

with the latest Mozilla update?..Mozilla has always been very reliable...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

We gave up on Firefox and switched to Edge over a month ago.  Even uninstalled Firefox and re-installed it.

Edge works great.  Had always used Firefox and no idea what changed.

Others have also complained about Firefox but haven't retained why.

Maybe uninstall/reinstall?  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Glad to know I am not alone with the Mozilla problem...Still wonder if eBay

compatibility may be an issue...Thanks for all the good suggestions...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I listed around 50 or so listing today (Sunday 7/25) with no problems at all use Firefox. I would suggest that rules out an eBay compatibility issue.

I do a bunch as drafts and then list the drafts all at once in bulk.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I have used firefox for years, and just in the past week I have noticed lag time and hang up here on eBay while browsing listings. I am up to date with the FF browser 90.0.2, did some searching and disabled a couple extensions, cleared cache and all temp files....still no change.

I did happen to read up on some possible causes, one being to de select hardware acceleration. So far so good.

I was having the problem with just one window open and it seemed only here on eBay I was experiencing the problem.

You can try it, if it doesn't work you can just go back and click select on hardware acceleration.

just my 2 cents worth.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@trbl13 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions...I do get Mozilla Updates all the time...Could it be an eBay compatibility issue

with the latest Mozilla update?..Mozilla has always been very reliable...

it is always possibility yet because others have posted they are using Firefox latest version without issue then I would rule that out. In times, if browser just released a new version (chrome does this all the time...which is what I use) ebay has had compatibility issue but they generally very temp and ebay updates regularly to be compatible with Firefox and Chrome latest versions since so many use those two over things like Windows and Edge. 
Sometimes matter of clearing cookies, which you said you already did. Then logging out and then back into ebay...which if you cleared cookies you should had been logged out of ebay automatically when did that. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@roadking5555 wrote:

I did happen to read up on some possible causes, one being to de select hardware acceleration. So far so good.

@roadking5555  @trbl13 
^^^ yes, forgot about this, this also needs to be done on Chrome for ebay and some other websites I use. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

We gave up on Firefox and switched to Edge over a month ago. Even uninstalled Firefox and re-installed it.

Edge works great. Had always used Firefox and no idea what changed.

I still use a revised and programmed Firefox 56 with the Classic Theme Restorer, refusing to update to the extension-less Firefox of today.  I have no issues with eBay at all, but when going into my store, eBay's newer software screws up the featured items where there is a macro drop-down menu which never should be there.  That gets me to Edge to edit just that.  Other business' websites are messy in the older Firefox (from which I have to use Edge); but for me, my older Firefox is the most stable for quick use----mind you it does eat up memory, crash, freeze the system too, from time to time.  Nevertheless, I still can open an Options window, rather than forced into a complete Tab like the newer Firefox.  We know why Mozilla (animals) did this, of course.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I had a similar problem, but it was my cell phone & I use Safari (Apple).  eBay kept telling me it was Safari & wanted me to switch to Google??  Can't remember.  Anyway, no way was I switching from Safari.   I was never able to use my phone for eBay.  Finally, after quite a while eBay told me my phone was out of date & they didn't have updates.  Might ring a bell with you.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for all the helpful responses to my Firefox /eBay compatibility issue...

I am hopeful that eBay will come up with a remedy so I can use Firefox again

(on my computer) for all my eBay activities...For now..only Microsoft Edge allows me to List and Revise

and Access this Discussion group...among other things...

Message 13 of 13
latest reply